The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Benn Wants out of Dallas

Digging up the report to link, on 1040 they just talked about a report out of Dallas that Benn wants out and interested in Vancouver.

He has a full NMC so this would be only something if he did a Kesler and demanded a trade but only with Vancouver.  We wouldn’t want to give the return he is worth and he has a long time left on a big contract.

I would go as far as:

Virtanen

Juolevi

for Benn

It would solve or LW top line issue

edit:  can’t find the original report, but it is discussed on TSN here.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/kuzma-canucks-have-two-jobs-this-offseason-a-winger-for-bo-horvat-and-a-top-4-defenseman-1.1304269

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

If it's true, you 100% give up whatever it takes to get this guy.

Great leadership, mentorship, and proven playoff performer. Adding his 60+ points per year instantly puts us in the playoff race. 

Add a dman or two, and we are poised to make run as early as next year. 

Edited by Dombrova22
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

He's a helluva player but he wouldn't be worth what it'd cost unless the price comes down. Too much going on between owners as other have mentioned. 

If he pulled a Kesler and said "Hey, send me here or here" there might be something but that sort of thing is pretty damn rare. 

Not sure I'd want that contract when he's older either, he plays a physical brand of hockey and that doesn't generally age well. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1