The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Benn Wants out of Dallas

at 9.5 and 30 years old and his contract is for another 6 years, no thanks, he is starting to slow down. we want to be a young team, plus I will never get over what scum him and sequin were to the Sedins. they were made to apologize , it wasn't sincere.  there are other players out there with better contracts and younger

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Pears said:

We have our franchise centre, top line sniper, top two-way forward, franchise level defenseman and two very good young goalies in Demko and DiPietro. What more do we need?

All of those short of Bo are still raw prospects. We lack a number D men prospects especially on the right side. We lack quality on the wings in both the NHL and AHL. 

Still a ways to go. Some of the prospects we have may work out, more won’t. 

Far to early to call Quinn a franchise d. man. 

If all our prospects are going to be as good as we hope they will be then we are still short a few D. 

No to Bo moving on. 

But I'd much rather have Benn at 9.5 than Lucic at 6. 

We can't afford full market value, we don't have the assets, but if things are really soured beyond fixing maybe this?

Swap 1st round picks, Dallas gets a nice upgrade from 18 to 10 and we still get a good prospect.

Then maybe Virtanen and a quality prospect like Lind. 

I don't know that gets it done but thats maybe the best we could actually afford without setting back the rebuild. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

It was a bad year for him... and most of the Dallas roster.

The year before that he scored 36 goals and 79 points.  He is a PPG player consistently.  I take the risk it was an off year any day.

A PPG top line LW who plays physical hockey... if you asked Benning his exact wish list it would be that and a RD with a point shot.

Folks can argue about the price, but if anyone says they don’t want Benn as a player, even at that contract, they have been huffing too much glue.

No he isn't.

Did you mean 0.87 ppg player who jumped the shark 4 years ago and is on the backside of his career?

Edited by Boeserker

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Read my actual post.  The only way it works for us is if he pulls a Kesler and demands a Trade here.

We aren’t going to pay full market price for Benn, and they aren’t going to get it for him since he holds a NMC.

Well fair enough.

Pretty sure the asking price will be high.

36 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Couldn’t add or two with his salary cap

Depends what we offload during the offseason. I could easily see no Edler, and a trade of Eriksson to a team that needs to reach the cap floor. 

Edited by Dombrova22

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

I'm honestly still bitter over it. If he's a good fit with Petey and Bo tho. Maybe I can suck it up as long as he doesn't suck like Eriksson. Hopefully we can get that contract out of here in the process.

Let it go, man. Don Henley states it quite well:

There are people in your life
Who've come and gone
They let you down
You know they've hurt your pride
You better put it all behind you baby
'Cause life goes on
You keep carryin' that anger
It'll eat you up inside baby

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Depends what we offload during the offseason. I could easily see no Edler, and a trade of Eriksson to a team that needs to reach the cap floor. 

I’m lazy and ignorant when it comes to cap so this an honest question.... what teams need help getting to the cap floor?

31 minutes ago, Boeserker said:

No he isn't.

Did you mean 0.87 ppg player who jumped the shark 4 years ago and is on the backside of his career?

That is entirely disingenuous and flat out wrong.

He is a career .87 (which is remarkable in itself), but that is including his first year in the league ten years ago when he was a paltry .5 PPG and brings down his career average).  He has been remarkably consistent for the vast bulk of his career.  His past six years in order .98 PPG; 1.06 PPG; 1.09 PPG; .90 PPG; .96 PPG; ,68 PPG. No jumping the shark four years ago there... and perfectly consistent player who had a below average year this season.

Not sure how he jumped that shark four years ago when last season he had his 2nd best career goal total and scored 79 points in 82 games.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I’m lazy and ignorant when it comes to cap so this an honest question.... what teams need help getting to the cap floor?

Really Just Ottawa.  Everyone else has guys to sign that will take them there without having to artificially add.

Ottawa is at $45 million for 14 players, only Ceci as an internal signing that will take up any real cap.  They need to get to a little over $60 million probably and want to play more of their kids who will be on ELCs.

Edited by Provost

if indeed true that he would only consider Vancouver to be traded to, the Stars wouldn't have any leverage to demand a Bo Horvat or any of our top prospects.

we should give them the Anaheim special we got for Kesler.

1st 2020 (unprotected to entice them) + Goldobin + Virtanen + Eriksson

Zach McEwen replaces Jake's physicality and Goldy gets replaced by Gaudette full time. then throw the bank at Karlsson B) and you get this lineup for our 50th anniversary 

Benn - Pettersson - Boeser 

Beartschi - Horvat - Leivo

Pearson - Sutter - Gaudette

Roussel - Beagle - MacEwen

Edler - Karlsson

Hughes - Tanev

Juolevi - Stecher

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Western Red said:

Wow this is an interesting development. He's just what we need.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jamie-benn

6 more years at 9.5 per though.

Dallas would probably want a lot. Plus there's the Aquilini/ Gaglardi thing that almost makes me think it'd be near impossible to get him. 

They're business partners now on a MASSIVE development and it's smoothed over. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pears said:

It happened four years ago and he’s since apologized for it. Time to move on. 

Or so the team (Dallas) announced from my recollection rather than from the horses mouth (Benn).  Forgive my skepticism.  It was a cheap shot at two classy individuals who deserved better respect than that.  

• Upvote 1