The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

It’s not the 50th season. It’s the 49th. It’s so simple. Classic Canuck stupidity to celebrate the 50th season during the 49th season. The inaugural season was 1970-71.  Not 1969-70. Yet they’re celebrating it in the 2019-20 season. Not the 2020-21 season as they should.   Complete stupidity.  Celebrate the inaugural season you fools!!!!

• Wat 2

I am a HUGE Johnny Canuck fan and believe it should be our primary logo. I also stand with whatever the team puts out because realistically we cant do s*** about it. It took me a while to get used to the 07 change and it will probably take me a while getting used to this new one but all I know is that I am a Nucks fan and no matter how ugly the logo I will still be a fan no matter what. Apparently ownership agreess with the population of fans that adore the Orca and thats fine. Lets just get a damn Stanley cup. 

Haha sorry guys I seem to have a short fuse these days. My brother bought a buch of 94 framed pics of the Canucks and I  literally told him he is wasting his money and he should be more excited to spend his hard earned money when the Canucks actually win something!!!

Basically, yes we have had some great teams/players in the past. Lets all look forward to Petey n the boys and hope we can see a cup victory in our life time. Go Canucks Go:towel:

I’m almost as much of a homer as apollo but the whale taking a poop logo both sucks and blows. Worst looking jersey in the league.

Looks like as I’m almost 50 I’ll be rocking the stick in rink ‘til I die.

Side note - can we please stop retiring numbers until we actually win something? It’s as pathetic as participation trophies.

Flame away millennials, I’m no squid, I can handle it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

12 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

It’s not the 50th season. It’s the 49th. It’s so simple. Classic Canuck stupidity to celebrate the 50th season during the 49th season. The inaugural season was 1970-71.  Not 1969-70. Yet they’re celebrating it in the 2019-20 season. Not the 2020-21 season as they should.   Complete stupidity.  Celebrate the inaugural season you fools!!!!

1 to 50 is 50 numbers. 0 to 49 is 50 numbers. 1970 to 2019 is 50 numbers. 2019 is the start of the 50th season.

Think in terms of birthdays. When you're born you are zero years old. But the moment you turn 49 you are starting your 50th year of being alive. When you turn 50 you've completed 50 years of being alive.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/27/2019 at 4:30 AM, Salacious Crumb said:

I’m almost as much of a homer as apollo but the whale taking a poop logo both sucks and blows. Worst looking jersey in the league.

Side note - can we please stop retiring numbers until we actually win something? It’s as pathetic as participation trophies.

Disagree with this, jersey retirements are a player accomplishment, via leadership, on ice play or importance to the team. 

If Wayne Gretzky played his whole career with the LA Kings and never won a thing, he still deserves to have his number retired. 

Jersey retirements are an individual accomplishment not a team one. Requiring a cup win for a jersey retirement is silly wadr. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

You're entitled to your opinion as we all have different taste. I've always hated the boring Stinkin' Rink (see I can do it too). We've had many different looks over the decades and each have their fans. Even the hideous Flying V has it's fans. No matter what the logo is there will be those that love it and those that hate it. Those that hate it will piss into the wind crying for what they want without a care to what others want. They could swap logos every two years and fans will complain about the look for those two years in an endless cycle. They will never make all fans happy as it's all about "what I want" regardless of any look making sense. The Stinkin' Rink makes just as much sense as the Orca with both forming a 'C' for Canucks. One representing the sport the other representing where the team plays. Both images, and their reasons, are applicable in creating a team logo. Around the league some logos contain a reference to the sport but not all do. Some logos are designed in an image that includes where the team plays, but not all do. Meaning both are valid aspects of a team logo. It's all a matter of personal taste. As the Orca is the longest running team logo, and makes sense, they should keep it and create a tradition. Let the third jersey fill the need for alternate fan choices of what the individual likes. In the end we cheer for the team, not the logo.

Retiring a number is simply honoring a player for his exemplary contributions and service to the franchise. Winning a cup isn't the sole reason to retire a number. It's an individual honor. It takes a team to win a championship.

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

Got to say, I love the new sweater/jersey designs, and even come around to the orca logo. Now I hope they never change them again.

And Johnny Canuck is not the team mascot, that would be Fin. So, it wouldn't make sense to put JC on the front of the jersey. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Got to say, I love the new sweater/jersey designs, and even come around to the orca logo. Now I hope they never change them again.

And Johnny Canuck is not the team mascot, that would be Fin. So, it wouldn't make sense to put JC on the front of the jersey. 

I'm actually struggling a bit with the Vancouver removed. I suspect it will grow on me though. When the word mark jersey was unveiled I was among those that thought it was too much, but it really grew on me quickly. To the point mock-ups without it just didn't look right. At this point for me it doesn't look right without it but I do love the Orca logo and the jersey colors.

Well I guess I’m going against the grain here. I’m a fan of the Orca always have been. 

Heritage Jerseys looks clean and I actually like the colours like said a few times it will be interesting to see on a player in full gear. I find it tough to go wrong with. Blue and Green. 

Skate Jersey is a big winner IMO. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

Picked up horvat 3rd jersey.  Now have pettersson boeser and horvat.   Paid $115 each at sportchek with my discount.  Cant say no to that 

Yeah but which one did you get the "C" put onto? ;)

9 minutes ago, morgo said:

I think you need to visit an ophthalmologist.  The Flames are far and away the worst looking team with their wacky side-panels and clashing Alberta flag.

The Canucks are in the top 10 based on the striping and colours alone.

LOL, Flames. Can always count on them for a good laugh.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, morgo said:

I think you need to visit an ophthalmologist.  The Flames are far and away the worst looking team with their wacky side-panels and clashing Alberta flag.

The Canucks are in the top 10 based on the striping and colours alone.

I love our team and dislike the current jersey. First world problems.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanucksCountry said:

the only complaint i have with the new jerseys is on the away jersey they should have kept the the blue stick and rink as the shoulder patch but other wise i think they look fantastic 

I agree and I bet they make the tweak within a year or two when they realize the mistake. 

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...