The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

1 hour ago, Silver Ghost said:

Now that two of the biggest deadweight contracts have been moved though, and for each other no less, there are a few more chairs available for Benning to unload Eriksson when the music stops. 

Yes, them swapping for each other means two of the teams that could have taken on their caps are still available.  Nice double-knockout, Albertans!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

here is a clear fact for you to consider

once loui got his bonus on july 15

he has been fully paid 27 million (or 9 million for each of the 3 seasons he has played for the team)

it is very hard to argue that he has given back anything close to value for that money

a contract is an agreement between 2 parties

canucks have paid loui as required (they have honoured their part of the contract)

the question or frustration you read about loui on here

is that many feel loui has not honoured his part of the contract

he has not provided expected value for the payments he has received

so it might be helpful to hear you describe what value loui has in fact provided

to fulfill and honour his part of the contract he signed

Since a players faith depends on the system/strategies the coach apply it isn't only the players quality/production that we're talking about.

And, as I said multiple times on here, Greens strategy/gameplan etc doesn't fit every player. If Loui doesn't fit in Greens way of playing the club needs to take their fair share of the burdon. Hence Benning should defend both Green and Loui.

This is something you should know and reflect in your writing. Intelligence is important to use in a proper way.

Don't use your intelligence to just take a stand or just believe your opponent is a fool.

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Since a players faith depends on the system/strategies the coach apply it isn't only the players quality/production that we're talking about.

And, as I said multiple times on here, Greens strategy/gameplan etc doesn't fit every player. If Loui doesn't fit in Greens way of playing the club needs to take their fair share of the burdon. Hence Benning should defend both Green and Loui.

This is something you should know and reflect in your writing. Intelligence is important to use in a proper way.

Don't use your intelligence to just take a stand or just believe your opponent is a fool.

so you cannot describe with any detail value loui has provided to the team

you ignore that he has spent time on every important line for quality time periods

in each season since he has joined the team

you prefer to post and focus on excuses for loui

who in your view bears almost no responsibility for providing value for his pay

it's not his fault

it's the fault of someone else ?

green is not he only canuck coach loui has played under

he has not played well for any coach

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

so you cannot describe with any detail value loui has provided to the team

you ignore that he has spent time on every important line for quality time periods

in each season since he has joined the team

you prefer to post and focus on excuses for loui

who in your view bears almost no responsibility for providing value for his pay

it's not his fault

it's the fault of someone else ?

green is not he only canuck coach loui has played under

he has not played well for any coach

I can only answer for the games I've sewn and those games weren't in Greens favour. But you guys call it rebuilding to throw the puck in the corner and let the goalie or maybe a defender also get hit by a counterattack.

I have a hard time believing Loui is a player suitable for that kind if strategy.

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I can only answer for the games I've sewn and those games weren't in Greens favour. But you guys call it rebuilding to throw the puck in the corner and let the goalie or maybe a defender also get hit by a counterattack.

I have a hard time believing Loui is a player suitable for that kind if strategy.

i have said none of those things that i have bolded

so not sure why you have the need to post those comments to me

i think you prefer to just not answer the issues i put clearly in my posts

so i can only conclude you have no answers

but prefer to simply support loui for reasons other then his value to this team

you have nothing meaningful to post in response to my posts

so i will not continue this discussion

the only thing you admit is that you have seen only some games loui played

yet feel that is enough for you spend a lot of time putting other posters down

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i have said none of those things that i have bolded

so not sure why you have the need to post those comments to me

i think you prefer to just not answer the issues i put clearly in my posts

so i can only conclude you have no answers

but prefer to simply support loui for reasons other then his value to this team

you have nothing meaningful to post in response to my posts

so i will not continue this discussion

the only thing you admit is that you have seen only some games loui played

yet feel that is enough for you spend a lot of time putting other posters down

That in bold is clearly an explenation. But you only take a stand and act like a politician. Bend facts the way you want them...

• Wat 1

25 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Did Boston play like that? And Loui put up 40 goals playing that style........

6 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

I didn't see much of him last year except against the Canucks, but reports from those who did have indicated that his hits were largely inconsequential or after-the-fact, non-impactful to the play.  He cannot "get in on the forecheck" like JB always cites wanting his team to play, not to mention with his minutes down to barely over 13.  MDZ was pretty much our team leader in hits, granted Lucic's SHOULD be more effective considering the weight differential.

Just happy we don't have to speculate or worry about it any longer.

Hitchcock has praised his forecheck many times. It might be fluff from his coach, but it's just like how Green was trying to point out all the positives of LE as little as their are and Hitch has been specific about the forecheck. In a playoffs series, having a 230 lb player even having "inconsequential" hits on you will wear you down.

But yes another domino has fallen. I wonder what's next in the LE saga.

6 hours ago, Silver Ghost said:

I wonder if Montreal might consider reuniting Eriksson with Julien if we took Alzner and/or Wiese back. Similar cap overall but a player who by all accounts was relied on heavily by Julien and thrived under his coaching. I havent gone in depth on the numbers or various scenarios that may make sense. Just spitballing to see what you guys think of MON as an option.

Interesting idea, I would be alright with that move. Alzner can still pk at least I think?

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Interesting idea, I would be alright with that move. Alzner can still pk at least I think?

Alzner spent the majority of last season in the AHL. Even if he could PK, Montreal felt he wasn't worth keeping up at all. The main reason to acquire him is purely for cap dump (and I would consider it simply because it saves more cap when he's sent down and perhaps he wants to stay out East so Utica would be fine). There could be a deal here if they want to bite, but they have a plethora of wingers and they need more legit top 6 centers. They might be more interested in Sutter, but until he's healthy, he's not going to do much for them either.

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Alzner spent the majority of last season in the AHL. Even if he could PK, Montreal felt he wasn't worth keeping up at all. The main reason to acquire him is purely for cap dump (and I would consider it simply because it saves more cap when he's sent down and perhaps he wants to stay out East so Utica would be fine). There could be a deal here if they want to bite, but they have a plethora of wingers and they need more legit top 6 centers. They might be more interested in Sutter, but until he's healthy, he's not going to do much for them either.

Alzner's buyout other than the 2020/21 season I believe is a lot cheaper than Eriksson. Would be a good vet to have aroun Utica worst case also. Montreal would have to add something like a decent pick if we did Sutter for Alzner imo

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

That in bold is clearly an explenation. But you only take a stand and act like a politician. Bend facts the way you want them...

Norwegian Troll Figure royalty-free stock photo

Edited by Borvat
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Alzner's buyout other than the 2020/21 season I believe is a lot cheaper than Eriksson. Would be a good vet to have aroun Utica worst case also. Montreal would have to add something like a decent pick if we did Sutter for Alzner imo

Then Montreal might as well buy him out themselves. Obviously Sutter would have more value, but the point is they likely don't have a need for LE to make the deal and they're not going to pay the value of Sutter considering he hasn't been healthy. Don't see a deal between these two teams that makes sense for both sides in regards to LE.

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

He's played for 2 coaches in Vancouver, and spent time with the Sedins as well as Pettersson. At some point, you have to look at the player and realize that he's lost something that doesn't seem to want to come back, no matter what you do with him. At 2.5 million, roughly what his current value is, no one would be complaining about him being a 4th liner.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, KKnight said:

If Eriksson is traded. I really think Dallas or Ottawa are the only options. Maybe the Islanders for Ladd. But, it doesnt look good for this situation. 

Between Lucic, Ladd and Alzner, not a good look for the BC boys.

LE decent defensive play may fit into their new defensive style. Ladd is an alternate captain there though, so they may value is leadership/presence. Ladd has the extra year though, so it's similar problems to those who were against the Lucic extra year.

11 hours ago, theo5789 said:

The point is he is a "deterrent". You throw a cheapshot or in this day and age even a big hit on a star player, you need to answer the bell. You can try to run from Lucic, but it doesn't look good on you, just see the reaction Matheson got in the game after the hit on EP where he was ridiculed for not fighting. So knowing that, teams may think twice. Sure we have some grit in Miller and Ferland, but if they're taking on a fight against Lucic (even if our guy wins the fight), it's not a decent trade off.

Lucic is actually a 5.25 million "waste" of cap space now. The worst part of this deal is that they retained the NMC, but he could very well waive it for the expansion as maybe he wants to stay out West close to home and family, so Seattle maybe not be unattractive to him (and correct me if I'm wrong, less taxes too). But he likely has the mindset that he's not getting taken by Seattle either and helps his team protect someone. We will see how that part plays out because if he doesn't waive it, then this looks really bad for Calgary unless he ups his game back into protect worthy territory.

You should thank LE for the rumoured denial to be traded to Edmonton.

Whatever. 

Thank god the Canucks avoided that disastrous rumoured trade.  Whew!  :towel:

• Upvote 1

3 hit Louie can get the hell off this team. Let him ride the bus in utica, he deserves nothing more. For him to say anything about Green is shameful when Travis was the only one out there defending his horrible play to the media (little things). We don't need this bum anywhere near are young core.

My morning routine starts with coffee and refreshing this page to see if he's gone yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Aspie said:

Out of curiosity, if Loui stays and puts up 50 points (roughly .6 p/gm), would that be enough to satisfy his cap hit valuation?

Out of curiosity, what makes you believe he will get even close to 50pts. His totals in his last three seasons were 24, 23, and 29 pts. There's not a chance he doubles his production this year.

Lets not forget his grand total of 3 hits all of last season, he's an absolute sieve. If he hits 50 pts this season, ill sing his praises all year. 

Edited by Kushman
  • Upvote 3