The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

This kids a beast. I have been watching some sweed pro league highlights. He may only be 5'9 185lbs.... but dont tell him that!!!

Kid competes like hes 6'4" 225lbs. 

He is ferocious on the puck. And slick hands and smooth skating

Solid pick. Team will really shape up over next few years when him and podz make the team

Edited by Snapshot85
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Snapshot85 said:

This kids a beast. I have been watching some sweed pro league highlights. He may only be 5'9 185lbs.... but dont tell him that!!!

Kid competes like hes 6'4" 225lbs. 

He is ferocious on the puck. And slick hands and smooth skating

Solid pick. Team will really shape up over next few years when him and podz make the team

The only concern I have with small players playing a gritty game like that is that they have a tendency to start acquire injuries over the long run. Hopefully, he knows where his limit is and can sustain that over the long haul. I'm really looking forward to Hoglander progressing and making the jump over here! I think he will be exactly what we were hoping to get out of Goldobin. 

3 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

The only concern I have with small players playing a gritty game like that is that they have a tendency to start acquire injuries over the long run. Hopefully, he knows where his limit is and can sustain that over the long haul. I'm really looking forward to Hoglander progressing and making the jump over here! I think he will be exactly what we were hoping to get out of Goldobin. 

Brad Marchand says hi....

Hoglander is already bigger than him.

10 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Brad Marchand says hi....

Hoglander is already bigger than him.

A player or two does not disprove a "tendency" for small physically gritty players to get injury prone over time. Marchand knows how to take a hit, and play that cheapshot Canadian Junior level physicality. His on-ice awareness of being physically vulnerable is huge. If he can turn out to be like Marchand, that would be awesome, but he obviously doesn't have, won't have, the same physical awareness on the ice about taking a hit as the rat does. 

Just now, drummerboy said:

I have spent the last 15 years touring and recording with some of the best musicians in the world.   

A lot of people think Travis barker is an amazing drummer because he is super flashy.  

Same deal

If you don't play the instrument, I don't see how you can have an informed opinion on whether or not what the guy is doing takes skill. 

Off topic anyways.

17 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If you don't play the instrument, I don't see how you can have an informed opinion on whether or not what the guy is doing takes skill. 

Off topic anyways.

I’ve spent half my life making music with some of the best around.  I have a general idea of what is going on. Hahaha

After watching Baer and Gaud playing together which seemed to work quite well.

Makes me feel in the future that Hoglander and Gaudette would have chemistry and being a quite affective duo. Giving Canucks 3 real offensive lines. Its going to be really exciting Canuck hockey.

On 9/25/2019 at 6:37 AM, drummerboy said:

Throwing your arms around doesn’t make you a good musician.  

None of what he is doing is overly hard.  

Great showman though!

It does when you use them to hammer on, pull off and finger tap like this guy does.  C'mon man, he's not just 'throwing his arms around' for show and the piece he's playing is 'overly hard'.  

I am sure you seen the 'this drummer is in the wrong gig' vid, now that is flaying your arms around for show.  

On September 25, 2019 at 6:37 AM, drummerboy said:

Throwing your arms around doesn’t make you a good musician.  

None of what he is doing is overly hard.  

Great showman though!

Not overly hard? Maybe show this to some of your guitar playing colleagues and see if they agree. I would be shocked if they did. It is true that throwing your arms around doesn't make you a good nusician. But moving your fingers on the strings as fast as this guy does requires a very high skill level.

• Cheers 1