The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

1 minute ago, Dats hockey said:

These where well documented just google it... he had worst surgery in college and a wrist injury his rookie season.

that is two not several, and the worst one in college  where he had surgery was fixed and the injury in his rookie season required no surgery

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

that is two not several, and the worst one in college  where he had surgery was fixed and the injury in his rookie season required no surgery

He had injections that let him avoid surgery, and 2 big wrist injuries id call that several they most likely still linger

3 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I believe it was the same wrist, and according to boeser himself and the medical staff of Canucks his wrist isn’t bothering him. A big part of him not using his quick release could be how much he’s being covered since his rookie season. 

Pettersson isn’t scoring goals the same way he did in his rookie season either, and that has to do with teams zeroing in on him and harder checking. Boeser and Pettersson are established around the NHL as canucks 2 best forwards so they get almost no time and space. 

It’s no surprise boeser isn’t beating goalies clean anymore because it’s very rare he has a clean shot to the net like his rookie year. 

I wasn’t arguing that team are keying in on him I was just saying he’s had multiple wrist injuries and they are for sure still something going on with them you don’t tape your wrist for fun unless they have been weakened by said injuries

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Unfortunately for Boston Benning had already left so this is the result. Meanwhile Benning took Boeser at 23 that year. 

You want FOR THE DECADE, GREATEST!!!(stories?)..I hate lists..but this little 2015 Broongoon draft tidbit, sure warms my heart! Absolutely EPIC!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

I wasn’t arguing that team are keying in on him I was just saying he’s had multiple wrist injuries and they are for sure still something going on with them you don’t tape your wrist for fun unless they have been weakened by said injuries

That’s true, but a lot of players tape their wrists to avoid future injuries rather than because they’re still injured. 

It just seems unlikely Canucks would allow him to play if he was just making a previous injury worse. But you could be right about it, only Boeser and Canucks medical staff know. 

4 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

That’s true, but a lot of players tape their wrists to avoid future injuries rather than because they’re still injured. 

It just seems unlikely Canucks would allow him to play if he was just making a previous injury worse. But you could be right about it, only Boeser and Canucks medical staff know. 

True but I can’t help but think with all those wrist issues he’s had that they are all magically gone over such a short period of time I’ve dealt with injuries and rehab them intensively. They linger for more than a year

6 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

True but I can’t help but think with all those wrist issues he’s had that they are all magically gone over such a short period of time I’ve dealt with injuries and rehab them intensively. They linger for more than a year

If that is the case then all we can do is hope it’s being dealt with properly and he gets his wicked wrist shot back.

But that being said, back to Nils hoglander, what an awesome 2nd round pick

Edited by Petey40

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

That's one of my only caveats with the short gloves is is the exposure a few inches above the wrist seems so vulnerable to the slash. I don't know why there isn't a secondary wrap over the higher wrist area. Like a tennis wrist band or something. Anything to protect our high skill players. Isn't that what happened to Johnny G?

Why leave that area naked for the slash?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

He had injections that let him avoid surgery, and 2 big wrist injuries id call that several they most likely still linger

Actually, he used to shoot through the defender’s feet more - remember how many defenders got hobbled while getting hit on the foot by a Boeser bomb? He seems to look more for plays now.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:29 PM, Dats hockey said:

His wrist injury which required surgery was in his last year of college.  That was 4 years ago.  He re-injured the same wrist in his rookie year.  That was 3 years ago.  I highly doubt he has been playing the last 3 years in pain and getting steroid injections without the team actually noticing and taking him out. Like someone else said lots of guys tape their wrists to avoid future injuries.  Also, someone said he’s had injuries to both wrists which is totally unsubstantiated.  There is zero evidence he has ever injured his left wrist. 

Edit:  There is an article from last year about his back injury and it does mention Brock getting an injection for his wrist during his back rehab.  So the doctors were fully aware of that and that is normal if there is still a lingering affect of the injury.  

https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/07/24/brock-boeser-canucks-injury-recovery-da-beauty-league

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Upvote 4