The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

37 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I generally like and agree with Craig Button on many things. But not on this one. Hogs has high end skill that Burrows could only dream of...and I’m not seeing the “superpest” potential in The Hog. *shrugs*

I see a Patty Kane level of irritation being caused everytime he scores.  Hogs kinda does have the Cheslea dagger swagger.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

The Hog could have had more points in the game . The Swedes had a 5 minute power play to end the game but the Swedish coach decided show the Czechs some mercy...as The Hog didn’t see the ice at all.

Cant wait for Hogs vs Pods. Too bad someone has to lose.

Canucks fans don't!  Winner winner chicken dinner CdC.   It was like Utunen vs Dipietro.  Yeah, not the ending we wanted, but it least it was a Canucks prospect that sunk TC.  

28 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

I see a Patty Kane level of irritation being caused everytime he scores.  Hogs kinda does have the Cheslea dagger swagger.  

I think Button is trying, transparently, to cater to our nostalgic egos and saying that he could fit in with Petersson and Boeser the way Burrows did with the Sedins.  I think he is dumbing it down a bit, but they do have similar characteristics.  They are both gritty for their size and have huge motors.  They both know how to make opportunities for themselves as wingers.  They are both somewhat underestimated, of course Burrows much more.  

However, it seems like Hoglander has more high-end skill and vision than Burrows.  Of course, time will tell.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

I generally like and agree with Craig Button on many things. But not on this one. Hogs has high end skill that Burrows could only dream of...and I’m not seeing the “superpest” potential in The Hog. *shrugs*

ya i think he just means work ethic wise maybe? I dont see burrows at all either 

2 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Hoglander reminds me of Marchand without the cheapshots, rat face, and slewfooting

Haha he was suspended this year for a cheap elbow but I don’t see him as a coward like march, he’s more Gallagher like in that in your face with the odd dirty move here and there, the kinda guy you hate but love to have on your team I get the feeling we will see the odd crossing the line with this kid I’m sure he will mature out of it like “most” do and find the line to walk on I would love to see another guy as annoying as rousell is to play against and be good enough to be pushing that 18-22 mins a game putting up numbers well doing it... exciting times guys exciting times 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1