The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Gustav Nyquist

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So basically he’s not going to be able to move Eriksson

We might but no one will take him now when they are trying to sort out free agency, trades, improvements etc. Why restrict yourself for a player like Erickson, he’ll be there later in the summer, no need to act now.

My guess is mid to late summer when teams rosters are set, someone will take him for the cap hit or others will wait till he’s waived to get him cheaper 

Edited by 18W-40C-6W

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Miller was already more than I expected at F. I'm good with that and let the best man win for 2 RW.

I agree. By default it should be Baertschi in that spot (as long as he is healthy), but I hope management would give both Goldobin and Virtanen a long look there too.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Solution:  get rid of Louie.

Instantly frees up 6 million.  Someones got go be willing to take on Louie.  Minimal dollars owing,  high cap hit.  Melnyk or Arizonas dream contract.

If Benning sits back and signs Myers and does nothing else to try and improve this team I would have a huge problem with that.  We gave up a lot to get Miller.  Sitting back and watching everyone else around us improve is not an option anymore.  Time to be aggressive and try and get a top 6 guy.  

Maybe if Jim didnt hand out ridiculous contracts to Beagle and Roussel we would have some dollars left to add some skill this offseason.  We must have one of the most expensive 4th lines in the entire league...

Edited by CanuckGAME

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Solution:  get rid of Louie.

Instantly frees up 6 million.  Someones got go be willing to take on Louie.  Minimal dollars owing,  high cap hit.  Melnyk or Arizonas dream contract.

Yah I think Ottawa would if we sweeten the deal, but what would it take? 

4 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Well Benning better get creative with the trade route then.

If he thinks our scoring problem is solved with the Miller trade he’s in for a wake up call.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2