The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks buy out Ryan Spooner

51 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Come on....Sutter doesn’t belong on a list with those turkey’s after one bad season (especially where he was coming off an injury).  

Sutter may not belong on this list but he needs to be moved no matter what. Above average player with certain skills but too fragile on a team that has that problem with many of its players

1 minute ago, mll said:

It's Pearson's spot.

I also don't think that they are particularly effective together.  There's not natural chemistry.  Baertschi is a give and go player that likes to to score from the slot.  He likes to move in as the puck moves in.  Horvat is not that kind of playmaker.  Green doesn't play them together all that much either.  It feels like he doesn't quite know where to fit Baertschi.   

Sure - Ds would make sense.  They should still be traded though.  There's no spot in the top-6 and they are not effective bottom-6 players.

Neither Baer nor Goldy has any trade value.  They would both clear waivers.  

1 minute ago, Sbriggs said:

Sutter may not belong on this list but he needs to be moved no matter what. Above average player with certain skills but too fragile on a team that has that problem with many of its players

Impossible to move though.  Even if retained 50%, who wants him?

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, mll said:

It's Pearson's spot.

I also don't think that they are particularly effective together.  There's no natural chemistry.  Baertschi is a give and go player that likes to score from the slot.  He likes to move in as the puck moves in.  Horvat is not that kind of playmaker.  Green doesn't play them together all that much either.  It feels like he doesn't quite know where to fit Baertschi.   

Sure - Ds would make sense.  They should still be traded though.  There's no spot in the top-6 and they are not effective bottom-6 players.

agreed, Baertschi just doesn't play with pace but Bo does.  Baertschi honestly looks a bit too slow to play with anyone 5v5.  Not a bad skater, but he has very little separation speed that allows him to be in places off the rush, rather has to work off a cycle/give and go kind of style. 

You could see last year Bo benefited most playing with guys who could play with speed and play off the rush such as Pearson, Virtanen, Roussel, and Leivo.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Impossible to move though.  Even if retained 50%, who wants him?

Maybe a team that needs to get up to the cap or packaged with someone else for a pick, what ever it takes at this point he has to go

• Wat 3

33 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Miller is here to play with EP.

Sutter is not in the same class as Spooner, Schaller - or even LE.

Sutter is a highly effective  shutdown, elite faceoff guy who can score 20 goals counterpunching in hard minutes.

So many people around here that seem to have no idea of his actually value on the ice.   He's nothing near a cap dump.

And pencilling Gaudette into his role is premature to say the least.

The team does not need to move Sutter - and if it does, it will be for a worthwhile return, or it aint happening.

31 minutes ago, stawns said:

IMO, Gaudette isn't ready for regular NHL duty yet.......it's unfortunate they had so many injuries last year because a year of top 6 ice time and responsibilities in Utica would have been excellent for his development.

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

If they're pushing for the playoffs, they need Sutter

Agreed about Sutter’s value.  It’s probably lower then it should be right now because of the injuries his last two seasons.  I’m more comfortable with going into the season with both Sutter and Gaudette.  Especially since we let Marcus Granlund walk.  You need bottom 6 centre depth and penalty killing support in case of injury.  Gaudette is basically replacing Granlund this season.  If Gaudette has a breakthrough season then consider trading Sutter at the deadline?

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, mll said:

It's Pearson's spot.

I also don't think that they are particularly effective together.  There's no natural chemistry.  Baertschi is a give and go player that likes to score from the slot.  He likes to move in as the puck moves in.  Horvat is not that kind of player.  Green doesn't play them together all that much either.  It feels like he doesn't quite know where to fit Baertschi.   

I disagree that's where Baer scores from........most of his goals come within a cpl feet of the net.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Agreed about Sutter’s value.  It’s probably lower then it should be right now because of the injuries his last two seasons.  I’m more comfortable with going into the season with both Sutter and Gaudette.  Especially since we let Marcus Granlund walk.  You need bottom 6 centre depth and penalty killing support in case of injury.  Gaudette is basically replacing Granlund this season.  If Gaudette has a breakthrough season then consider trading Sutter at the deadline?

They may move AG to the wing, but I think he should be in Utica, developing his game as a C.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

which team will trade for him? what have you found out? 

Edited by smithers joe

34 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Actually, in his stint at the end of the season, Schaller had really good underlying numbers - far better than Motte. Beagle's numbers improved with him too. It was the only time off the year that our 4th line wasn't getting caved in.

I'm content to keep him, and give him another shot.

I actually didn't mind schallers game at all

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I disagree that's where Baer scores from........most of his goals come within a cpl feet of the net.  

No one scores from closer to the net than he does. He doesn't plant himself at the net and fights for position instead he knows when to move in and when to move out before he gets steamrolled.  Canucks don't have a C to play with him.  

• Upvote 1