The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

Cleasson earned 1 year 2 way contract with the canes  .

so our defence is good , i m wondering if söderström is able to crack the yotes opening night roster.

time will show it.

chris wagner with an goal , bednard with a solid game between the pipes. 

rieder with an assist but it will be tough for him to earn a spot on the flames roster .

• Cheers 1

Looking to move some contracts,

OTB:

Anton Khudobin Or Pheonix Copley

Michael Grabner

Brett Ritchie

Richard Panik

Zack Smith

Chris Wideman

Nate Prosser

Would be open to moving some of my B prospects with some of said players to obtain a mid to later round pick in the 2020 draft. I'm not interested in taking on contracts, exclusively looking for picks and unsigned prospects. 

8 minutes ago, Azzy said:

17/30 GMs responded, so only just over a third of the league voted for it...

And only 20% said no. 

Personally? I didn't vote, because a. I'm not affected by it, and b. I'm ultimately indifferent. There wasn't really an option that said "don't care."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 8/12/2019 at 7:25 PM, Salter said:

tNK6BLC.png&key=219bed87b3f82b92598b2e13

RULE CHANGE

Previously, if a team were to have a roster over the salary cap, their roster would be invalid and they would not accumulate points. For the 2019/2020 season and onwards, any team who is not cap compliant on day 1 of the regular season will have any NHL contract signing they have made, voided in reverse-chronological order until they are cap compliant. UFA's will be dropped to the open market, and RFA's will be put at $999,999,999 and will follow regular RFA guidelines. Any team will be allowed to negotiate contract terms with these players (within UFA and RFA guidelines), including the team who previously had them as long as they have moved enough salary out.

Reveal hidden contents

small.png Anaheim Ducks - @Jaku

small.png Arizona Coyotes - @thejazz97

small.png Boston Bruins - @Canuck Surfer

small.png Buffalo Sabres - @Sygvard / @Sestito'sHandMadeVodka

small.png Calgary Flames - @maroe

small.png Carolina Hurricanes - @JE14

small.png Chicago Blackhawks - @WalkWithElias40

small.png Colorado Avalanche - @Big-Country

small.png Columbus Blue Jackets - @Silver Ghost

small.png Dallas Stars @Rindiculous

small.png Detroit Red Wings - Salter

small.png Edmonton Oilers - @Matthews

small.png Florida Panthers - @inane

small.png Los Angeles Kings - @Frogger

small.png Minnesota Wild - @Baer.

small.png Montreal Canadiens - @Bombastik der Teutone

small.png Nashville Predators - @apollo

small.png New Jersey Devils - @70seven

small.png New York Islanders - @Nail / @Blue Jay 22

small.png New York Rangers - @Master Mind

small.png Ottawa Senators - @Azzy

small.png Philadelphia Flyers - @Phil The Thrill

small.png Pittsburgh Penguins - @cunningham19

small.png San Jose Sharks - @pmalina

small.png St. Louis Blues - @LilBurrows

small.png Tampa Bay Lightning - @Alain Vigneault / @Sane33

small.png Toronto Maple Leafs - @canuckledraggin

small.png Vancouver Canucks - @Watermelons

small.png Vegas Golden Knights - @JimLahey

small.png Washington Capitals - @Peaches

small.png Winnipeg Jets - @Art Vandelay

Please disregard if I list your team and my calculations are off, but below is a list of teams current projected cap space and what players will have their contracts voided if space is not made. 

Calgary Flames: $1,050,000 over (Vacant)

Jimmy Vesey, 3 years, $2.75m (28 Jun 19) - RFA

Carolina Hurricanes: $14,326,667 over @JE14

Jonathan Drouin, 3 years, $4.225m (3 Jul 19)

Tom Wilson, 3 years, $7m (1 Jul 19)*

Patrik Laine, 5 years, $8m (1 Jul 19)*

Jake Guentzel, 3 years, $7.5m (1 Jul 19)*

*Carolina will have to void 2/3 of the contracts signed on 1 Jul 19 as well as Jonathan Drouin*

Dallas Stars: $981,437 over @Rindiculous

Ron Hainsy, 2 years, $2m (20 Jul 19)**

**As an alternative, Dallas could waive Hainsy and call up Leon Gawanke to get under the cap**

Los Angeles Kings: $4,700,400 over*** @Frogger

Boone Jenner, 3 years, $4.1m (26 Jun 19)

Kyle Connor, 3 years, $5m (23 Jun 19)

***Technically Kyle Connor can be on IR until he signs an IRL contract. That would solve the cap problem. Though as soon as Connor signs, LAK will need to void both contracts above***

Washington Capitals: $4,597,021 over @Peaches

Blake Wheeler, 3 years, $8.5m (30 Jun 19) 

All of the above players are RFA and will be placed in a teams minors, except for Blake Wheeler and Ron Hainsy. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Not a huge loss for me if I don’t get a deal done seeing as his teams not making the playoffs.  However I hope to get back to talks soon, sorry irl stuff.

No worries! Real life comes first, just wanted to keep teams in the loop, hoping nobody has to drop players!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

And only 20% said no. 

Personally? I didn't vote, because a. I'm not affected by it, and b. I'm ultimately indifferent. There wasn't really an option that said "don't care."

Yup... same here.

Being in the western conference, I figured I had no right voting anyways as it didn't affect us. Pretty sure most teams in the east voted. Numbers add up. 

• Cheers 3

On 7/3/2019 at 11:17 AM, thejazz97 said:

sItG4ev.png

small.png Neal Pionk - 5 years, $4m

small.png Jonathan Drouin - 3 years, $4.225m*

small.png Jacob Middleton - 1 year, $1m

* - As Jonathan Drouin is an RFA from Carolina, @JE14 will have seven days from this announcement (11:17 am PST, July 10, 2018) to either match the offer or accept compensation. Due to the contract's salary, the compensation owed would be a 2nd Round Pick (2020).

Reveal hidden contents

Since Drouin was a offer sheet and Carolina accepted the offer sheet despite not having the cap, wouldn't Drouin then go to Detroit? Up to you guys just thought I'd bring it up.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Baer. said:

Since Drouin was a offer sheet and Carolina accepted the offer sheet despite not having the cap, wouldn't Drouin then go to Detroit? Up to you guys just thought I'd bring it up.

Spicy spicy. That sounds correct though. Matching a sheet with money he didn't have, which is then overturned due to brokenitude. 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Good call.

If Buff comes back though, that's still Vesey's contract that needs to be rescinded.

You could be kind to the next GM and buyout Jamie McGinn:

$6m owed over 2 seasons

$4m owed in a buyout

$4m owed over 4 seasons

$1m buyout cap penalty

Means $2m AAV saved, which would get them under if Buff comes back and may even allow them to keep Cody Glass up. I think most GMs would prefer the Commissioner team to run the GM-less teams like their own (barring trades and signings of course) so that the next GM isn't left at a disadvantage.

Sorry, my own team doesn't provide me with much joy so I'm edging my way in onto Calgary now :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Azzy said:

You could be kind to the next GM and buyout Jamie McGinn:

$6m owed over 2 seasons

$4m owed in a buyout

$4m owed over 4 seasons

$1m buyout cap penalty

Means $2m AAV saved, which would get them under if Buff comes back and may even allow them to keep Cody Glass up. I think most GMs would prefer the Commissioner team to run the GM-less teams like their own (barring trades and signings of course) so that the next GM isn't left at a disadvantage.

Sorry, my own team doesn't provide me with much joy so I'm edging my way in onto Calgary now :lol:

Buyout window is closed now but thank you for the advice on it!! I appreciate the feedback and it makes our job of managing it easier :P

19 minutes ago, Salter said:

Buyout window is closed now but thank you for the advice on it!! I appreciate the feedback and it makes our job of managing it easier :P

Had no idea the buyout window was closed as the OP still has the 2018 dates - you could always allow one move for a GM-less team :ph34r: