The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 Oct.6 @ 4pm PST (SN). Rounds 2-7 Oct.7 @ 8:30am (SN1)

Noble 6

1 hour ago, BPA said:

NHL website Dec 4th 2019.

1. (1) Alexis Lafreniere (6-foot-1, 196 pounds), F, Rimouski (QMJHL) -- An incredible playmaker with great vision, accurate shot and appetite for wins. He leads the QMJHL with 25 power-play points (one goal, 24 assists).

2. (2) Quinton Byfield (6-4, 215), F, Sudbury (OHL) -- The left-handed center is a powerful skater with breakaway speed and has an exceptional skill set. He ranks fourth in the Ontario Hockey League with 50 points (20 goals, 30 assists) in 28 games.

3. (3) Alexander Holtz (5-11, 192), F, Djurgarden (SWE) -- A goal-scorer with a great selection of shots, the right wing plays a tough, intelligent game. He has seven points (five goals, two assists), three game-winning goals and 34 shots on goal while averaging 13:35 in ice time in 19 games in the Swedish Hockey League.

4. (5) Cole Perfetti (5-10, 177), F, Saginaw (OHL) -- A skilled forward with high hockey IQ and competitiveness, Perfetti ranks ninth in the OHL with 42 points (13 goals, 29 assists) in 26 games.

5. (4) Lucas Raymond (5-11, 170), F, Frolunda (SWE) -- An explosive skater with soft hands and fantastic hockey IQ, the right wing has five points (three goals, two assists) and a plus-7 rating in 16 games in the Swedish Hockey League.

6. (6) Yaroslav Askarov (6-3, 176), G, SKA-Neva St. Petersburg (RUS) -- An intimidating presence in net with great athleticism and a quick glove. Askarov is 10-1-3 with a 2.27 goals-against average and .925 save percentage in 14 games in the Supreme Hockey League. 

7. (9) Marco Rossi (5-9, 183), F, Ottawa (OHL) -- The Austria-born left-handed shot is tough in his own end and possesses a high hockey IQ and good hands. He ranks fifth in the OHL with 49 points (16 goals, 33 assists) and is 59.1 percent on face-offs (257-for-435).

8. (7) Jamie Drysdale (5-11, 175), D, Erie (OHL) -- Drysdale might just be the best defenseman available in the 2020 NHL Draft, capable of driving play with his skating and elite hockey sense. He ranks third among OHL defensemen with 30 points (five goals, 25 assists) in 27 games.

9. (15) Tim Stutzle (6-1, 185), F, Mannheim (DEL) -- A hard-working center with exceptional skating, puck skills and vision. He has 21 points (five goals, 16 assists) in 23 games playing in Germany.

10. (10) Hendrix Lapierre (5-11, 179), F, Chicoutimi (QMJHL) -- The center, who has 17 points (two goals, 15 assists) in 19 games, offers great hockey sense, competitiveness and playmaking qualities. Lapierre, currently out indefinitely because of an upper-body injury, may have the highest ceiling of any player projected to go in the first round.

11. (8) Anton Lundell (6-1, 185), F, HIFK (FIN) -- A two-way center, who has an upper-body injury and will miss the next 3-5 weeks, has 12 points (six goals, six assists) and 74 shots on goal in 20 games in Liiga, Finland's top professional league. 

12. (12) Dylan Holloway (6-0, 203), F, Wisconsin (NCAA) -- A complete center who has a great skill set, hands, competitiveness and drive to create offense has seven points (three goals, four assists) and 36 shots on goal in 15 games as a freshman.

13. (11) Justin Barron (6-1, 195), D, Halifax (QMJHL) -- The 18-year-old right-hand shot sustained a blood clot and is out indefinitely, but when healthy is an excellent skater capable of making the good first pass. He has 17 points (four goals, 13 assists) in 27 games.

14. (16) Braden Schneider (6-2, 202), D, Brandon (WHL) -- A hard-skating, two-way right-handed shot with great competitiveness and hockey IQ, who has 20 points (three goals, 17 assists) in 28 games.

15. (NR) Dawson Mercer (6-0, 181), F, Drummondville (QMJHL) -- Plays a smart, honest and heads-up game, finishes his checks and is effective on the power play and penalty kill. He has 36 points (17 goals, 19 assists) in 23 games.

Pretty old list. Give me that March list!

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2020 at 5:39 PM, Warhippy said:

Last listing I saw was Stuetzel at 8th....I'd be ok with that as well

I can't imagine him falling that low. He's dynamic, I honestly think he will be a game changer.

I'm hoping for the playoffs, but it's looking more and more unlikely. Perhaps a top ten pick wouldn't be the end of the world. Missing the playoffs would be a tough pill to swallow, but considering almost no one in the media was calling us to even be in the race at this point we've done pretty well. 

2 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Lafreniere - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Podkolzin

Hoglander - Gaudette - Virtanen

Coached by Babcock.  Can you say 3 Cups in a decade my not as good as Quinn Hughes named poster? :towel:

Best case scenario (if they miss this year)

- Win the 2020 Draft lottery, draft Lafreniere

- Move Eriksson and Sutter in the off season

- Fire Green and bring in Gallant

- Upgrade Stecher with ?

- Tryamkin joins the team

- Deep playoff run in 2021 (and playoffs for the foreseeable future with Podkolzin, Hoglander and Lafreniere developing)

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Best case scenario (if they miss this year)

- Win the 2020 Draft lottery, draft Lafreniere

- Move Eriksson and Sutter in the off season

- Fire Green and bring in Gallant

- Upgrade Stecher with ?

- Tryamkin joins the team

- Deep playoff run in 2021 (and playoffs for the foreseeable future with Podkolzin, Hoglander and Lafreniere developing)

THIS. Not necessarily Laf, even byfield or holtz or raymond is nice too. Top 10 is lookin sexy

Pffft if we win this lottery this year I am immediately calling Ottawa and asking them for two of their picks this year and one of their top prospects

Say...as of todays standings

Van 1st overall

for

3rd OA Ott

19th OA NYI

Alex Formenton

Or even to Jersey for their first our first next year and a ???

This would be the year the Nucks somehow manage to win the 1st overall.  I'd rather make bank somehow really instead of drafting one single player and hoping for the best out of him.