The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

23 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Everyone expected players like Schaller or Motte to be waived, not Baertschi and Goldobin. That's a big difference right there.

We finally have NHL players on the farm.  That puts pressure on the fringe guys (Motte Schaller Leivo) to play their guts out every shift up here.  Internal pressure for jobs and ice time is great!!!  JB is responsible for that.  :towel:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Everyone expected players like Schaller or Motte to be waived, not Baertschi and Goldobin. That's a big difference right there.

Baer was a bit of (though not entirely) a surprise but Goldobin really wasn't. And nobody should have expected Motte to be waived.

As for Schaller, the guy Benning signed 2 summers ago finally showed up.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Baer was a bit of (though not entirely) a surprise but Goldobin really wasn't. And nobody should have expected Motte to be waived.

I think the "surprise" to many was that Baer and Goldy cleared waivers so they could get to Utica.......most of the "bad asset management" advocates didn't believe they could clear.

Totally agree with the Motte and Schaller comments as they have performed about as well as you could ask 4th liners to perform.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

I think the "surprise" to many was that Baer and Goldy cleared waivers so they could get to Utica.......most of the "bad asset management" advocates didn't believe they could clear.

Totally agree with the Motte and Schaller comments as they have performed about as well as you could ask 4th liners to perform.

Baer IMO was at worst, 50/50 to clear IMO. Goldobin I had very little concern about clearing personally.

As usual, the 'usual suspects' were wrong :lol:

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd say that Schaller showed up at about the last quarter of the season. But I agree that Goldobin was always a possibility to be waived, Motte was never likely.

Baertschi was a surprise for me, even more so after the preseason he had. Schaller made more sense to me after everything had played out, but I thought he was a lock to be waived prior to the start of the season, glad to be wrong there.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

Gaudette should help with the Comets struggling offense. ::D

Will be interesting to see if they groom him for a top 6 center role by pairing him with Baer and Goldy, or if they want him to work on the defensive center/pk side of things as an eventual, Sutter/Beagle replacement (or even if they pair him with Baer and Goldy and groom the whole line as a shutdown line that can score)

...so I am not big into facebook.  To watch the free game do we go to ahl live or facebook? That link above brings me to facebook watch...whatever the hell that is lol.  But there is no obvious link to the comets game.  Do I just have to wait until 4 and it will pop up?