The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

12 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

likely one D (Biega/Fantanberg) and Schaller.  Schaller will give you 1.075 in cap savings and Biega will give you 825k for a total of 2.1 million in savings.  That bumps Canucks up to total space up to 6,058,461.  

Goldobin $900,000

Lievo       $ 1,500,000

Motte      $975,000

Eriksson would save a Million in  capspace

Are options as well.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Goldobin $900,000

Lievo       $ 1,500,000

Motte      $975,000

Are options as well.

canucks are going to ice a 23 man roster. That means pick two players to waive. It really doesnt matter which two, the max Canuck can save from waiving the players is 2,150,000 total. That added onto our current cap available is under 7 million which is not enough to sign Brock long term. 

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

Goldobin $900,000

Lievo       $ 1,500,000

Motte      $975,000

Are options as well.

My money would be on 3 of Schaller, Eriksson, Goldobin and Leivo.

Someone might even claim Leivo should he be one of them and that would clear his full $1.5m

Edited by aGENT

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

canucks are going to ice a 23 man roster. That means pick two players to waive. It really doesnt matter which two, the max Canuck can save from waiving the players is 2,150,000 total. That added onto our current cap available is under 7 million which is not enough to sign Brock long term. 

*Could be three if they choose to put Roussel on IR after initial roster.

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Loui would save $1,075,000 

Lievo                    $1,500,000

$2,575,000    in additional space   not including a few bucks from replacing Motte with MacEwan and the like.

Plus space from Roussell.

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

*Could be three if they choose to put Roussel on IR after initial roster.

Brock needs a spot too. If we waive three players we’d only be icing a 22 man roster which is not ideal. 

Again the problem is when Roussel returns in a month. Canucks would be really screwed in the unlikely event of us not getting another injured. I really don’t see JB walking down that risk on really important season. And that’s likely why it’s mid September and Brock is still not signed. 

I, like everyone else here, want to see Boes in camp but JB has to think long term as well.

Brock's camp chose a path that carried a consequence. Burn a year of elc but lose full rfa rights at the other end.

Burning that year without playing enough games in the season cost him arbitration rights and the ability to take other offers.

This is a loophole JB should take full advantage of. I think this is a player JB should play hardball with and be fully willing to let him sit out the season if necessary.

Boeser is a player whose ice time has been sheltered and has grossly skewed the truth.

I mentioned this in another thread and I'll bring it up again. 77% of his shifts started in the offensive zone. I didn't find any numbers offering league averages on this but 77% has to be among the leagues highest in that category. This really tells a truth about his defensive abilities and how little TG trusts him outside the offensive zone.

In fact, I'd be asking; Why did he only get 56 pnts?

The fact that the cap didn't go up doesn't help Boes' case either.

Horvat makes 5,5 per season and is more important to this team than Boes will ever be. That may sound cold but, imo, it's fact.

Given all these factors, if I'm GM, I'm after max term at 5.5, take it or leave it, there are ufa's out there who would love another season in the NHL.

As I recall Thomas Vanek had some success during his short time here. I have no difficulty seeing him on Petey's wing.

Any way this situation is looked at, it hurts Brock imensely if he decides to sit. It's a year of income he'll never get back and he misses a year of playing time which could affect his play in the future. This is not a situation anyone wants.

This is a chance for JB to get a good player at a really good price and to prove himself as a tough negotiator and one not to be taken lightly..

My hope is he sticks to his guns and waits him out. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Loui would save $1,075,000 

Lievo                    $1,500,000

$2,575,000    in additional space   not including a few bucks from replacing Motte with MacEwan and the like.

Plus space from Roussell.

No,  you can only save a MAX of 1.075 per player when you bury them in the minor. Leivo doesn’t save us 1.5, only 1,075,000. 

Eriksson = 1.075

leivo = 1.075

thats 2.15 total like I said. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Brock needs a spot too. If we waive three players we’d only be icing a 22 man roster which is not ideal. 

Again the problem is when Roussel returns in a month. Canucks would be really screwed in the unlikely event of us not getting another injured. I really don’t see JB walking down that risk on really important season. And that’s likely why it’s mid September and Brock is still not signed. 

Stop making something simple so difficult. We sign Boeser, then we waive three guys. Roussel goes on LTIR, then we recall someone we waived. When Roussel is ready to come back, we once again waive the person we recalled. Simple as that.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

56 minutes ago, aGENT said:

My money would be on 3 of Schaller, Eriksson, Goldobin and Leivo.

Someone might even claim Leivo should he be one of them and that would clear his full $1.5m

Just curious if either of you know, could we paper down Hughes and/or EP to be cap compliant then put Roussel on LTIR and call them back up?

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Just curious if either of you know, could we paper down Hughes and/or EP to be cap compliant then put Roussel on LTIR and call them back up?

They have performance bonuses and with LTIR in effect the cap space available needs to also cover the potential performance bonuses.

Pettersson gets papered down at 925K but with LTIR in effect his recall is not 925K but 3.775M (925K + 2.85M in potential performance bonuses).  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2