The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

55 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

If it puts up the dollars for sure pay the man. I’m just concerned and don’t want us becoming a top end heavy cap crunch like the leafs and oilers. Part of being a successful franchise is having a number guys on team friendly deals. Maybe one or two super stars but having 3 or 4 guys take up a size able chunk makes it hard to build a winner. 

EP is the only guy we have that might be very expensive - and I hope he is...the rest are a tier below and won’t break the bank.  Unfortunately the way things are going team friendly RFAs are going by the wayside, part of the reason I was hoping JB would give him a Tarasenko type deal months ago before July 1... Chakya was being pro-active with Keller and it kind of threw a kink in things ... that said I’m ok with JB holding out if the ask is too high ... standing up to this group can’t be easy for a variety of reasons for each team (we need BB in the lineup if playoffs are the goal) ... maybe a one year deal for 6.5 is the smart play at this point.

9 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I am officially nervous.

What's there to be nervous about. Hes a millionaire hockey player holding out for more money. If he signs good. If not we'll watch the rest of the team play. Plus there are 30 other NHL teams. Lots of talent to watch for hockey fans.  

End of the day it's a business and ppl shouldn't get over attached. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

Except, this whole discussion was about how we would fit him in with around a $7 million cap hit, not about the term he'd get. It has already been explained to you how it would work, yet you still ignore the facts.

My first post on the topic that people were replying to...

6 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Brock is not signed long term for anything under 7.5 or else it would have been done by now.  That is why long term seems to be out of the question right now without some sort of extra roster movement. 

Or how about the post that started this conversation off, @aGENT you know... the one you first replied to.

8 hours ago, Provost said:

I am not sure why I keep hearing from people including the media that there isn't room to sign Boeser to a long term contract.  Squire Barnes said it last night on the news too, he said they have a little over $4 million in space... but that doesn't account for the fact that number includes 25 bodies and Boeser would make 26.

hmmm. seems to me like term was exactly what the discussion is about......haha

57 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

The one who's struggling with math here is you. You should be embarrassed. You clearly haven't even though this out as well as you think.

and you want to talk about embarrassing? derp....hasn't school started yet?

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Exactly.  Most of the media never went to school so they didn't take math.  Benning can also easily make a trade to fit Roussel when he comes back.  Also, it is not written in stone that he comes back in December.  He blew out his knee so it could take another 2 months before he is ready.  Nobody knows the full extent of his injury.  Everyone recovers differently.  Look at Juolevi, everyone thought he would be ready for camp but it looks like he is still rehabbing his knee.  

It's not the math, it's just lazy and it's embarrassing for them

7 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

According to 31 thought's, Tanev will be wearing tailor made shin pads and gloves this year :lol:

His new equipment could be called, radical.

4dfee1bcdf6e6aaf5ad8b7779d339d3c.gif

Here he is on vacation just last week in the Bahamas. Dude just can't catch a break.

Tanev Vacation preview.png

Edited by xereau
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Perhaps that’s what they intend to do - run with 22 instead of 23 players, as long as we roster 20 it’s ok.   Also in the past some teams have been over the cap for a game or two - the penalty is they play with a shortened bench (one player) it’s not ideal but it’s not insurmountable either.   When JB says he has options he’s right, and if we lose a low level asset form basically nothing that’s ok too.  Nice to have real cap issues, it’s been a while. 

That's true they could run a 22 man roster but it wouldn't be recommended to do it more than a game or two.  A few guys will get bumped up and will need a night off every now and then.

23 minutes ago, IBatch said:

EP is the only guy we have that might be very expensive - and I hope he is...the rest are a tier below and won’t break the bank.  Unfortunately the way things are going team friendly RFAs are going by the wayside, part of the reason I was hoping JB would give him a Tarasenko type deal months ago before July 1... Chakya was being pro-active with Keller and it kind of threw a kink in things ... that said I’m ok with JB holding out if the ask is too high ... standing up to this group can’t be easy for a variety of reasons for each team (we need BB in the lineup if playoffs are the goal) ... maybe a one year deal for 6.5 is the smart play at this point.

I'm ok with JB holding out too. Really these players have zero leverage..  Holding out missing a season over 500k-1mill per season doesn't make much since when missing the year will cost them 7 million.  The players have too much power and are playing a game of chicken that the teams pressure to win is greater...which may be true but the "team" includes there teammates and putting yourself over your family that you are about to go to war with is never the best outcome.

• Cheers 2

I’m calling this contract to be:

5.5M X 3 years 

Brock gets to be UFA at the end and we get a good cap hit for 3 years. The Canucks will burn off the LE contract and Luongo recapture by then and easily give Brock a good pay day when it expires.

Win win for both sides.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

If Boes gets $7m, Horvat will be asking at least $8.5-9m on his next deal, likely higher.

30 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I’m calling this contract to be:

5.5M X 3 years 

Brock gets to be UFA at the end and we get a good cap hit for 3 years. The Canucks will burn off the LE contract and Luongo recapture by then and easily give Brock a good pay day when it expires.

Win win for both sides.

5 more years until UFA

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Its very possible that Canucks are trying to push him into a 1 or 2 year 5 - 6 million deal based on his injury history in the first 2 years.

Ideally, 2 summers from now, even though we have to re-up with Hughes and Pettersson, we are in a much better position as that's when its forecasted that the cap will start to significantly jump again.

Media has been clear the Canucks have offered both short and long term deals.

boeser's greedy agent is asking too much like all the other good rfa sleezy laywer/agents.

Let him sit.....

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

If it puts up the dollars for sure pay the man. I’m just concerned and don’t want us becoming a top end heavy cap crunch like the leafs and oilers. Part of being a successful franchise is having a number guys on team friendly deals. Maybe one or two super stars but having 3 or 4 guys take up a size able chunk makes it hard to build a winner. 

I certainly prefer a team friendly deal, but that's not the market. I rather expect the market and be pleasantly surprised if he signs a team friendly deal instead of vice versa and be disappointed simply because he took his fair share of the current market.

I just wanted to say that let’s no pin this on Boes. I don’t know the guy personally obviously but he seems like a really decent guy and most likely wants to be playing right now. Just wanted to issue a big middle finger to his agent! 

Brock is one of a big group of RFAs holding out right now. To say this has anything to do with his character is ridiculous.

The agents are the ones pushing this because they realize a lockout is likely coming up soon so they want to get their clients paid.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

22 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

On his current trajectory Horvat will be asking for that regardless. 

If people here got their way, Horvat would've gotten a bridge deal and be up for a new contract right now :lol: instead of a sweet deal for another 3 years still.