The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF Is going on in BC???

MikeBossy

I was born in Northeastern BC and grew up there. The people of the various communities are amazing and incredibly kind and helpful which is why this is so shocking. I don't think there is a serial killer hence why I am asking WTF is going on.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, the grinder said:

what did I see lol   hill billys   mountain men  ,  fist fights ,  locals trying to intimidate you  , following you in vechiles , you would be driving  and then a vechile would come out of nowhere follow for 30 mins and then turn off a road and then go the other way  it was hella creepy . then I saw a guy runnimg like a mofo and caught some bird and then grab it and swinging it to break its neck, and was cooking it at gas station general store restaurant   parking lot , the employee came out and told him hey u cant do that . dud e pulled out a Rambo knife  and the employee just went back to work like nothing happened 

I'm wondering where this was....

I've spent most of my life in northern BC, all of the 80 traveling throughout northern Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Northwest Territories and I've never seen anything like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, the grinder said:

you know who does that kinda of stuff a serial killer   that's  how ted  bundy lured a few victims , I have driven to prince Rupert  from the lower mainland  and I'll tell you I saw stuff right out of deliverance  ( cue the banjos )  ,   its definitely a different world up there   

Maybe your experience, not mine.  Grew up in the Lower Mainland, lived in the north for 10 years, both Northeastern and western and there is nothing all that strange compared to what you see in the city.  

Agree with the theory, the killer is a traveler as well.  If the two cases are linked, then the suspect will have most likely headed south (doubt they would have headed south from Liard all the way around to Dease- much longer route), down to Highway 16.  From there they could go west in the direction of Terrace and Rupert (essentially a dead end), or east, through the Lakes district towards PG.

3 minutes ago, Dungass said:

Maybe your experience, not mine.  Grew up in the Lower Mainland, lived in the north for 10 years, both Northeastern and western and there is nothing all that strange compared to what you see in the city.  

Agree with the theory, the killer is a traveler as well.  If the two cases are linked, then the suspect will have most likely headed south (doubt they would have headed south from Liard all the way around to Dease- much longer route), down to Highway 16.  From there they could go west in the direction of Terrace and Rupert (essentially a dead end), or east, through the Lakes district towards PG.

Three cases.  A couple teenagers driving up there are missing now too.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Three cases.  A couple teenagers driving up there are missing now too.  

Right, I was grouping the guy killed south of Dease with the two missing kids.  The body was found in a pullout that was a couple minutes walk from their burned out vehicle.

Interestingly,  the police are not ruling out connections between the Northern BC murder of the Australian couple and the missing two young men in Dease Lake.   Even though the incidents are more than 400 kms apart,  the killers could have travel the distance in a few days.

4 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Interestingly,  the police are not ruling out connections between the Northern BC murder of the Australian couple and the missing two young men in Dease Lake.   Even though the incidents are more than 400 kms apart,  the killers could have travel the distance in a few days.

if it's ~400kms, they could travel the distance within a day

Edited by 112
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Type R said:

Its scary, my kid is visiting his bio dad up in kitimat, and when he comes back, they have to drive down to Terrace and my wife is stressing hard about this.  I don't think its the same highway, but man it can stir up the anxiety.  I hope they catch the bastard.

Tell your wife not to sweat it.  Totally different geographic area.  Your kid will be travelling the infamous highway of tears, but it has been inactive for a very long time.  All I can tell you is dont let her stress.  Your kid will be 100 percent and will enjoy great scenery at the same time.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

4-5 hours without stopping. It’s like someone murdering a person in downtown Van late morning and driving to Kelowna to off a few more folks before dinner time. 

The actual driving time from Liard to Dease is closer to about 8 hours.

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One thing is clear. You southerners are absolutely clueless about the geography of Northern BC. :rolleyes:

Kitimat is nowhere near, where this took place. Nor is Vanderhoof. (I assume that's what you meant by Venerhoek?)

Why dont you just confess to the murders so everyone can feel safe.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1