The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you most proud of as a Canucks Fan?

Rate this topic

apollo

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

can’t forget the voice of the canucks, jim robson. he was there through most of it. oh the stories he could tell.  i would have loved to see the practise fight between pat quinn and orland kurtenbach. 2 very tough characters. 

Ha, was going to post that very same thing, Joe.  So proud of that fine gentleman.  Like another I know.  ;)

Somewhere buried in my treasures I have a pen that, when you push on the end, it has a recording of the "he'll play" call.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Ha, was going to post that very same thing, Joe.  So proud of that fine gentleman.  Like another I know.  ;)

Somewhere buried in my treasures I have a pen that, when you push on the end, it has a recording of the "he'll play" call.

great one. jim was our foster hewitt. we were spoiled. how are the ponies running?

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

great one. jim was our foster hewitt. we were spoiled. how are the ponies running?

To be honest, Joe, not doing the pony thing as much.  The new job is exhausting and weekends are much sought after "down/rest" time.  Was going to go for BC Day, but it was so hot that I opted out and hit the beach with my book instead.

One other thing that I'd thought of that I am SO proud of is the way this community of Canuck fans has come together as a family.  I mentioned "this place" but, truth be told, it's huge to see this sort of community.  I've been to other sports forums/platforms and they're so different.  Opposing opinions are quickly sifted out and you have to be of the pack mentality to remain.   

Here it's a real come as you are mentality - young, old, male, female, all walks of life and different parts of the world.  I truly am in awe of how, for the most part, everyone's opinions and ideas are welcome and even though there are debates and disagreements, no one is ousted because of them.   I wish the world as a whole could be more tolerant and this place is a good example of how you don't have to agree or all share the same ideas to belong.

• Upvote 2

On a personal basis, I am proud to be a lifelong Canuck fan who first started following the Canucks around 1981.

As for the Canucks, there is no single one defining moment. I am just proud that the Canucks are truly BC's team. Won or lose I like all things Canucks.

• Upvote 3

i forgot that robson duo, thank you. 

i agree with deb on people on cdc, we can disagree on issues but we can still be family and care about each other.  other than some disrespect, i love this site and my fellow fans.  i also have to thank babe pratt for being a reason i’m proud of the canucks. i did thank him when he was alive. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Strombone said:

There's honestly too many moments to choose from, so I will just list my top 10 Canucks by considering all the good they've done on and off the frost.

My Top 10:

1.Sedins

2. Naslund

3. Bure

4. Luongo

5. Burrows

6. Benning

7. Bertuzzi

8. Pettersson

9. Boeser

10. Jovanovski

Honourable Mentions:

- Horvat

- Ohlund

- Rypien

- Smyl

- McLean

- Edler

- Salo

- Schneider

- Kesler

- Cooke

TBH I could probably list every single Canuck in history and can proudly say I'm proud of them all. Definitely more proud of them than disappointed.

Linden not even an honorable mention? Go back and watch game 7 of 94.

Wow did not expect everyone to post such amazing content... Really put me in a good mood reading everyone's comments. 

No better way to start of my Saturday morning than reading all these great posts. Feeling proud as ever to call this OUR team. 

The way Pat Quinn Made the Canucks a team that truly loves this community.  If it wasn't for Pat we would not be one of the best in the league at working with the community and raising money for Charitable organizations around our province.  Go Canucks Go 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Proudest moment was being part of the riots. With all the destruction going on from the idiots, I still remember seeing a lot of true CANUCKS trying to stop the madness and helping people out. Even after the terrible loss. True Canucks, fam. 

• Like 1

I'm proud of the fact that this is such a fun team to follow despite the lack of cups. We get ragged on a LOT by fans of other teams for having no cups but I feel like the majority of crap talking fans of the other teams weren't even alive to enjoy their last cup win and have just been watching their own teams be mediocre for the past decade. I couldn't give less of a crap about a team's history before I became a fan in 2003. We've had some absolutely dominant seasons and teams that were just a blast to watch that have left me with some awesome memories despite not winning a cup. I wouldn't trade those memories for cheering for a team with a "rich history" that hasn't had anything to be excited about for decades.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

'94 series against the Flames

Henrik gets 4 assists in the last game of 2010 to nab the Art Ross, then also wins the Hart

Burr scores in Game 7 OT against the Hawks

Back to back President Trophy wins

Bure wins the Calder

Petterson wins the Calder 

Pat Quinn wins the Jack Adam's

Alain Vigneault wins the Jack Adam's

7X Northwest Division Champs

But in my eyes, hands down the moment I'm most proud of as a Canucks fan...

0ff6568806de058bc80d88ef59b3de71.jpg

I am hoping to one day be as proud of Bo and Petey as I was with Bure and Linden. So far so good. :towel:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1