The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shotgun Jake

Rate this topic

dpn1

Are you Participating This Year?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Sorry for the flub but I haven't mastered things here yet. :) I really enjoyed the shotgun Jake thing last year and would to do it again this year.  Maybe we could share our favorite beers to try shotgunning and share videos during the season.  I love me some good dark ale. Go :canucks: Go! Go Jake Go!  I say 22 beers this year.  What do you think?

Let's just hope that he starts the year like he did last year, and is able to sustain that level.

He was not very good after the new year.

ShotGunFlaccid.png.674e61dfee52f2ccc79500cafa760740.png

Edited by xereau
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

Can't spell bong without BO

giphy.gif

Also, this should be Jake's goal song this year

Shotgun

Dude, luv dem gun sounds:

But really, Shotgun Jake's goal song should be 

The whole crowd yelling click click boom in unison would be f****** unreal.

Edited by Where'd Luongo?
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, IBatch said:

Ok but if he scores 20 everyone on here has to play the Mickey game....that is stand on a stool, then chug a Mickey (13oz) of whiskey and then get blind folded until you fall off.   Have someone to record it, the person that lasts the longest gets crowned Shotgun Jake champ.   Fireball is ok, nothing weaker.   If he scores 26 exactly same game but big-boy bottle.   Anyone chugging Jack Daniels gets an extra twenty seconds added to their time ha ha. 

Edit:  Alf gets a -60 second handicap as do any other professionals.

Standing on a stool while drinking is cheating.

The reason for this is that it takes longer for the alcohol to reach your brain because your head is higher up... 

regards, G.

• Haha 4

Not sure if this is the energy we should be putting towards Jake. 

All it can do is make him more likely to drink beers and shotgun more so than if we didn't call him that. 

He should be more focused on health and not drinking... But yea the nickname has a nice ring to it 

I just don't think it gives off positive energy to see him succeed. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, apollo said:

Not sure if this is the energy we should be putting towards Jake. 

All it can do is make him more likely to drink beers and shotgun more so than if we didn't call him that. 

He should be more focused on health and not drinking... But yea the nickname has a nice ring to it 

I just don't think it gives off positive energy to see him succeed. 

Not everyone’s training regimens can include a half dozen raw eggs (with some shells) at 5:00am and then a brutal fifteen km run.  Some of us need a carrot after the gym, like a six pack.  JVs hits pack a punch, we need him to get some baby fat back and some more mojo and this is our way to help the cause.    NOW I’m not sure my liver could survive if he becomes the next Neely,  and do get that some of us don’t need the enabling....so get your point too.  My first reaction was to post something mean like “thanks Dad”....but I love you too much so went with this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Standing on a stool while drinking is cheating.

The reason for this is that it takes longer for the alcohol to reach your brain because your head is higher up... 

regards, G.

:lol:

19 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Just want to say to all those out there who think chugging a beer is the same thing. No sir grab your balls grab a fresh can poke a hole and shotgun it like a man !

This

I did a true shotgun last year on one of his goals for the heck of it.  Took me back, haven't tried that for years. But I forgot about how committed you must be once that hole is punched. Its either going down the gullet or onto the floor. And wasting beer is a crime.

I say we all make a pact, if Jake reaches 20 goals, we all do it together, for sure,  on here!  Have a cold can ready at 19. Whether its beer or root beer.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, BrazilianCanuck said:

I hope to be able to appreciate some beer while Jake scores a bunch of goals this season .

Unfortunately, brazilian beer sucks.

My ex is from Brasil, and I actually don't drink much beer, but I thought Brahma was pretty decent?
Not sure if the recipe is the same in Canada though. (we can buy it here)

35444011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=ecc0b0

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fecklund said:

My ex is from Brasil, and I actually don't drink much beer, but I thought Brahma was pretty decent?
Not sure if the recipe is the same in Canada though. (we can buy it here)

35444011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=ecc0b0

Wow, I didn't know that. That's nice. Here they use a kind of mixed recipe and some just taste horribly. Brahma is good. I used to drink it a lot during my first years of college haha  although I can say that canadian beer tastes waaaay better. 

Edited by BrazilianCanuck
  • Cheers 1