The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Laine and Jets talks about contract 'non-existant', uncertain about future in Winnipeg

Odd.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Honestly, they don't need a king's ransom. He's invisible for 70% of their games. If they can recoup some picks and maybe get a decent young guy with upside to fill in the bottom 6 they'll be okay. It'll also allow them the financial flexibility to keep more important players. Guy had 25ish goals in the first 20 games then pretty much goose egg'd the rest of the season. His stats are misleading to his value to the team.

He's 21 and has a 30 goal season, a 35 goal season, and a 40 goal season. When he gets his act together he will be a consistent 40 goal scorer. He was on pace with Ovechkin until his meltdown. 5th most goals in the league since entering it as a rookie. Goals = $$$  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Chevaldayoff was a good GM at some point, right? The Jets window is really close to slamming shut.

Master of the "perfect slow rebuild" everyone screamed about copying, demanding we suck for another 5 years.

Well that slow rebuild hasn't accomplished anything and now their window is already closing. Whoops.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, I forgot, you're a Jets fan too. No wonder you seem touchy about the Trouba trade. 

Fan of most teams.

Again, talking isn’t snapping. Pretty sure this will be responded with something along the lines of, “Touchy”, “Snapping”, or something similar. Because talking apparently can’t mean “talking.”

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

Fan of most teams.

Again, talking isn’t snapping. Pretty sure this will be responded with something along the lines of, “Touchy”, “Snapping”, or something similar. Because talking apparently can’t mean “talking.”

I can chalk it up to tone being lost in text. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Monty said:

Fan of most teams.

I’m a fan of Big Buff.  He’s not said anything negative ever about Laine.  That tells me Laine is liked by his teammates.  I think it’s more than just Laine too.  There are still a lot of top RFAs coming into their second contracts who are not signed.  This sure seems like collusion.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m a fan of Big Buff.  He’s not said anything negative ever about Laine.  That tells me Laine is liked by his teammates.  I think it’s more than just Laine too.  There are still a lot of top RFAs coming into their second contracts who are not signed.  This sure seems like collusion.  

it'll all start to fall in place soon. I'm hoping Marner sits for weeks like Flamingo-boy did, just for the pure spectacle of it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Players talk. As they should. They also want to get paid. None of them want to be the MacKinnon or Scheifele, where both are paid a minimum of $4M less than they are worth. The moment one signs, they are the benchmark, and none want to be the benchmark.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1