Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

Could the Canucks put JV on a 2 week conditioning stint in Utica without waivers ? 

13.8 Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade the Re-Entry Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Most teams have 12 or 13 forwards on their NHL roster's We currently have 16 forwards our NHL roster which is more than any other NHL team so JB is going get a couple forwards off of our NHL rosters.

Tim Schaller one guy JB is looking to trade if finds a team that will pick him up on waivers.

Goldobin is project that has never been above to put points in any position at the NHL level & why his contract is low we no longer have a roster position for him 

When we have a few floaters in the line up, is that the culture we're creating?

Just bench Goldy or Jake.

Waiver LE, and park him in the press box if he's so valuable. Pray some team claims him.

Gaudette can do what Stecher and Hutton did. Come in and help us right away. Watching floaters in the bottom of the roster is boring and frustrating.

• Hydration 1

Loui/Goldy/Schaller/Virt trade or waive them all idgaf at this point. Tired of seeing these guys float around the ice and put in minimal effort. 

• Hydration 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... smash the heart button if Eriksson would be better at firing T-shirts into the crowd! ;)

End up in the home net every time!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... smash the heart button if Eriksson would be better at firing T-shirts into the crowd! ;)

he is good at giveaways  so it is a perfect fit

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Loui/Goldy/Schaller/Virt trade or waive them all idgaf at this point. Tired of seeing these guys float around the ice and put in minimal effort. 

virt has value the rest have lil to none

• Hydration 1

9 hours ago, the grinder said:

you wanna keep goldy schaller and ericsson    over sutter pearson and leivo   , and then gaudette on the second line :picard:       the best roster they can ice   wont have goldy ericsson or schaller on the ice 

hey Grinder... thanks for quoting me and giving it the lame facepalm... just thinking outside the box ahead of last night's game.   Everyone is talking about how great our top 6 is, but in truth the line of Pearson  Horvat  Miller did not impress in the preseason.   Sutter is not a play making centre and I don't think he can play wing on Beagle's line because they get in the way of each other, so where is Sutter going to play?  Also, maybe Eriksson contributed a lot to the late season success of the Horvat Pearson combo?   Leivo played alright last night, but I'm not sold on Pearson and think Sutter should be traded, and if not traded, thinking outside the box, I thought it might be possible for Sutter to find some chemistry playing right wing with Horvat.  

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

hey Grinder... thanks for quoting me and giving it the lame facepalm... just thinking outside the box ahead of last night's game.   Everyone is talking about how great our top 6 is, but in truth the line of Pearson  Horvat  Miller did not impress in the preseason.   Sutter is not a play making centre and I don't think he can play wing on Beagle's line because they get in the way of each other, so where is Sutter going to play?  Also, maybe Eriksson contributed a lot to the late season success of the Horvat Pearson combo?   Leivo played alright last night, but I'm not sold on Pearson and think Sutter should be traded, and if not traded, thinking outside the box, I thought it might be possible for Sutter to find some chemistry playing right wing with Horvat.  

lame like how you think Eriksson schaller and goldy are better lol     pearson is better  than those 3  ,   sutter after 2 hernia surgeries is better ,   leivo is better.  eriksson contributed what  11 goal 29 points and 3 hits  in 81 games  that is worth keeping  now that is lame    sutter on Horvat wing  ?    :picard:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

There'll be injuries, as there always is.  If he ends up in Utica all season, how does that hurt him?  

Because he showed up in camp and put in the effort above several of the bubble guys. Yet doesn't get rewarded for it. It goes against what Benning and Green have said and would put into question about the purpose of coming into the offseason ready to go. 

Gaudette personally would be hurt by getting an AHL salary as a reward for showing up. Of course I don't expect him to be in Utica all year with call ups and what not, but the relationship between player and team (and other players) will view the words that the coach and GM have been preaching if he's stuck in Utica for the majority of the year.

If he is sent down, I'm sure the message is that they intend on bringing him back up as soon as they can while they clear up the forward situation.

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

IMG_20190927_194702.jpg

I do, but not necessarily an opening night roster spot.

• Hydration 2

9 minutes ago, the grinder said:

lame like how you think Eriksson schaller and goldy are better lol     pearson is better  than those 3  ,   sutter after 2 hernia surgeries is better ,   leivo is better.  eriksson contributed what  11 goal 29 points and 3 hits  in 81 games  that is worth keeping  now that is lame    sutter on Horvat wing  ?    :picard:

hey facepalm guy, answer me this, is Pearson a legit top six player, Eriksson is a better penalty killer than Pearson.  If I want to see a line of Baertschi   Gaudette   Miller, where would you play Sutter?  

this is where I think Green has his fwd group pegged for opening night :

ferland   pettersson   boeser
pearson   horvat   miller
eriksson   sutter   leivo
motte   beagle   schaller

virtanen  baertschi   
waived if no one is traded : goldobin
sent to Utica :  gaudette

if boeser can't go, he bumps leivo to the top line and inserts virtanen.  

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Because he showed up in camp and put in the effort above several of the bubble guys. Yet doesn't get rewarded for it. It goes against what Benning and Green have said and would put into question about the purpose of coming into the offseason ready to go. 

Gaudette personally would be hurt by getting an AHL salary as a reward for showing up. Of course I don't expect him to be in Utica all year with call ups and what not, but the relationship between player and team (and other players) will view the words that the coach and GM have been preaching if he's stuck in Utica for the majority of the year.

If he is sent down, I'm sure the message is that they intend on bringing him back up as soon as they can while they clear up the forward situation.

I think your last paragraph is really important. I think (could be wrong, but it is the impression I have) Green is a good communicator with his players. If they sit down with Gaudette and say something to the effect of:

"You've had a great camp and impresssed us. We want you on this team and think you have what it takes to contribute to us winning. We're going to have to send you down for a little bit to give us some time to make space for you on the roster. You haven't done anything wrong, it's just a numbers/contracts issue at the moment, you'll be back in the NHL soon."

I don't think that would contradict what the organization has been preaching, at least internally.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Would anyone trade Gaudette for a winger? Possibly Jonathan Drouin? 

Not saying we should but he's probably at peak value right now, and we could use another winger until we get Madden in the system 

I certainly would not. Drouin is a 5.5 million dollar player not much different that goldy at this point. A winger that is one dimensional.  Gaudette is a centre that is cost controlled for a few years and will contribute to offense and will probably be physical as he gets bigger.

No thanks...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

this is where I think Green has his fwd group pegged for opening night :

ferland   pettersson   boeser
pearson   horvat   miller
eriksson   sutter   leivo
motte   beagle   schaller

virtanen  baertschi   
waived if no one is traded : goldobin
sent to Utica :  gaudette

if boeser can't go, he bumps leivo to the top line and inserts virtanen.  

I highly doubt that is what Green is thinking. Baer has been great and so has Gaud.  More like:

Ferland  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Horvat  JT Miller

Baer  Gaudette  Leivo

Sutter  Beagle  Virtanen

Motte