The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Brock and his agent knew what they were doing imo. They know they have an elite EP to play with, cash in big in 3 years vs sign an 8yr deal for 8m per now. His next contract if healthy will almost for sure be a 10 figure cap hit annually

Yes, this is very likely he and his agent's mindset, but if that ends up being the case, that's a great problem for the team to have. 

1 hour ago, apollo said:

And people laugh at me when I say the Canucks are the most iconic sporting franchise in history?! 

Just watched this again... Here's to Brock hitting 50 goals in a healthy 80 game season, he took game 81 and 82 off since we already clinched the presidents trophy. A cup and rocket during these 3 years coming right up. 

Was going to post this also

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Things I know...………………….

1. Clayton Keller has to be happy

2. Arizona's GM has a upset stomach

3. Loui has to feel somewhat fortunate

4. I am really friggin happy to have Brock back at that cost...….amazed, actually

5. We now have enough money for Tryamkin

6. Jim has had a good summer

All our ducks are in a row...………..LET THE GAMES...………. BEGIN!

Keller is locked in for 9 years. He’s got one year left on his rookie deal making peanuts. Sure the contract might look like a bit of a reach in the early years but with contract inflation and the idea of progression that contract could look really good. While Boeser riding shotgun with Pettersson he could be commanding much more than what Keller got in 3 years time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PuckFather said:

This HFboards was hoping Boeser would hold out!!! He calls himself a fan. :frantic:

I laugh at people saying "what a GM" at this, yet when complaining about the GM in other threads that's seen as a no-no. I think Benning's track record of building the second worst team in the NHL over the last 4 years speaks for itself.

Anyway...I kinda hoped Boeser would hold out, but clearly he caved. The AAV is amazing for the team, even though I hate the idea of a bridge deal. To get him under $6M is a bargain.

The issue will be in 3 years when you'll have to re-sign him for over $9M most likely, when you could have tried to get him for $7.5M long-term this year (but couldn't because the GM capped out the team).

Signed: Depressed and embarrassed y2kcanucks

What????

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Keller is locked in for 9 years. He’s got one year left on his rookie deal making peanuts. Sure the contract might look like a bit of a reach in the early years but with contract inflation and the idea of progression that contract could look really good. While Boeser riding shotgun with Pettersson he could be commanding much more than what Keller got in 3 years time.

Keller is way overpaid.  His number is actually quite insane.  Guy is not a centre.  He’s an extremely soft, one dimensional winger.  Stupid over pay by the Coyotes. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Solid bridge deal.  Yes I did check HF Boards.

Good deal, but if you're a fan of this player...you shouldn't be.

Terrible deal.  McAvoy was the better player (Benning whiffed on that as usual) and he signed for cheaper

It's hard to give a passing grade on an user failure but even Ralph does more than eat crayons some times

Honestly....no matter how leak things look, this forum has never gotten near as bad as that cesspool of absolute crap.  Honestly hope in this life to meet y2k and his amigo so I can laugh at them long, hard and frequently.  

Hope you washed your hands after visiting :P 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Way better deal than I anticipated. Benning has really improved ever since the LE disaster, his last few signings have been fantastic.

Everything changed when Linden left.  Jim has really been putting his stamp on the team and it's pretty apparent that he's the mastermind behind our current young talent pool.  Most exciting upcoming season in a minute.  

• Upvote 1