The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Allow me to make one thing clear, as much as it annoys me seeing the player underrated and undermined, that's not really what I was talking about. You want an example? Someone in the Boeser thread suggested that he "needed to think more about his father" when negotiating this contract. You don't see anything wrong with that? Not to mention all of the claims that the player was "entitled", especially considering that he signed a very fair contract at the end of the day. 

That's your gotcha example?  It's a little unfeeling, but if that's the worst to come out of that thread, then that's a new high for this place.

See the post below, I do have a long ignore list and may have missed a lot of the negative comments.

Edited by stawns

3 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

For sure, me too. I'm thrilled to have him back. It's just odd to me that a winger got significantly more than those defensemen. Brock really didn't have any negotiating power given his contract status, so I wasn't expecting to see the AAV over $5-5.5M on a 3 year term. Nothing to lose sleep over though. I'm glad he's back. 

I think the state of the team (being a bubble team on paper) and the overall restlessness of the fanbase gave Brock's agent a bit more leverage.  

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's your gotcha example?  It's a little unfeeling, but if that's the worst to come out of that thread, then that's a new high for this place.

See the post below, I do have a long ignore list and may have missed a lot of the negative comments.

If you don't see anything wrong with someone implying that Boeser doesn't give a crap about his ailing father, then I can't help you.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 1

Solid bridge deal.  Yes I did check HF Boards.

Good deal, but if you're a fan of this player...you shouldn't be.

Terrible deal.  McAvoy was the better player (Benning whiffed on that as usual) and he signed for cheaper

It's hard to give a passing grade on an user failure but even Ralph does more than eat crayons some times

Honestly....no matter how leak things look, this forum has never gotten near as bad as that cesspool of absolute crap.  Honestly hope in this life to meet y2k and his amigo so I can laugh at them long, hard and frequently.  

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

Who says they could have gotten him long term at that? As pointed out , the Lu recapture and erikkson contract will be off the books by then so...... 

`That's not my opinion. That's anti-Benning user on HFboards. :rolleyes:

Edited by PuckFather
typo
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Warhippy said:

Solid bridge deal.  Yes I did check HF Boards.

Good deal, but if you're a fan of this player...you shouldn't be.

Terrible deal.  McAvoy was the better player (Benning whiffed on that as usual) and he signed for cheaper

It's hard to give a passing grade on an user failure but even Ralph does more than eat crayons some times

Honestly....no matter how leak things look, this forum has never gotten near as bad as that cesspool of absolute crap.  Honestly hope in this life to meet y2k and his amigo so I can laugh at them long, hard and frequently.  

Yeah, there was a lot of crap being thrown here, but at the end of the day, it's difficult to see how anyone can be upset over this deal. Yet I'm sure HF and Canucks Twitter will have people bitching about this deal, saying it was one of the worst things Benning has ever done.

Just now, stawns said:

What's your take on the way the training camp thread treated Jake

I didn't see all of it, but he deserves some criticism, considering that there is some precedent. Obviously personal attacks are out of line though.

So what's your point? If one player is unfairly attacked, then they should all be fair game?

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

What's your take on the way the training camp thread treated Jake

Riiiiight?! They'e kids. So sick of this nasty bipolar fanbase. I personally think Jake Virtanens going to carve out an NHL career, and when you look at all the players that don't make the show you start to appreciate him a little more.

Edited by 5Fivehole0
  • Upvote 2