The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign F Brock Boeser to 3 year deal with AAV of $5.875 million

Adarsh Sant

That’s a great signing. He’s got to prove his health/durability and we didn’t give up way too much but didn’t disrespect Boeser either. 

I dare say these words on the CDC but this was a genuinely solid contract signing both ways that you have to feel good about. 

Edited by Bertorama
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple summers. EP will get paid huge, hopefully next July, hope we sign Quin next summer too. If Brock goes 40g seasons and up the next 3 years he could cost 11-14m to sign which is kind of scary

Over $20 million comes off the books when EP signs.  Of course a lot will go back on including Hughes but at least JB will have options.  The two Loui anchors will drop as well as Roussel and Beagle when Brock signs next.  So options are there and JB will finally then be in control of his cap if he doesn't botch it up in the meantime.

Also, the fact that Brock signed this deal with a cap under $6 to help the team now gives me confidence that he won't go for the $11-12 million deal in 3.  So far Bo, Brock and Ferland have all signed fair contracts which don't put the team under a bus. The future could be a great one!

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Nope, it's really not "ok".

How so?  You want to see personal attacks on a player, go to the training camp thread.

I maintained, from long ago he'd come in at 3 years, $5.5m per and I have my reasons.......all of them directly about on ice.

I'm thrilled he's back and at a logical, fair deal for both sides.

20 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Both defensemen, so it's really not comparable. You can look at all the underlying stats you want, but at the end of the day, offense = more money, and personally, I'm thrilled that we have a 22 year old forward that averages pretty close to a PPG locked up for 3 years at under 6 mill per season.  

For sure, me too. I'm thrilled to have him back. It's just odd to me that a winger got significantly more than those defensemen. Brock really didn't have any negotiating power given his contract status, so I wasn't expecting to see the AAV over $5-5.5M on a 3 year term. Nothing to lose sleep over though. I'm glad he's back. 

This HFboards y2kcanucks was hoping Boeser would hold out!!! He calls himself a fan. :frantic:

I laugh at people saying "what a GM" at this, yet when complaining about the GM in other threads that's seen as a no-no. I think Benning's track record of building the second worst team in the NHL over the last 4 years speaks for itself.

Anyway...I kinda hoped Boeser would hold out, but clearly he caved. The AAV is amazing for the team, even though I hate the idea of a bridge deal. To get him under $6M is a bargain.

The issue will be in 3 years when you'll have to re-sign him for over $9M most likely, when you could have tried to get him for $7.5M long-term this year (but couldn't because the GM capped out the team).

Signed: Depressed and embarrassed y2kcanucks

Edited by PuckFather
typo
  • Wat 4

15 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Bull. If you can't see anything wrong with some of the stuff that was being said, I don't know what to say. Not to drag anyone into this, but even Deb felt the need to say something a little earlier. 

You've made your opinion on Boeser as a player very evident, especially in the last few weeks, so I understand why you may grasp onto the viewpoint that nothing out of line was said during that time, despite evidence to the contrary.

I am guilty of overreacting as well. Lol. I think as Canucks fans we always expect the worst.  A cup should help with that.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PuckFather said:

This HFboards was hoping Boeser would hold out!!! He calls himself a fan. :frantic:

I laugh at people saying "what a GM" at this, yet when complaining about the GM in other threads that's seen as a no-no. I think Benning's track record of building the second worst team in the NHL over the last 4 years speaks for itself.

Anyway...I kinda hoped Boeser would hold out, but clearly he caved. The AAV is amazing for the team, even though I hate the idea of a bridge deal. To get him under $6M is a bargain.

The issue will be in 3 years when you'll have to re-sign him for over $9M most likely, when you could have tried to get him for $7.5M long-term this year (but couldn't because the GM capped out the team).

So that's a quote from a HFboards poster and not you, is that right?

Just now, stawns said:

How so?  You want to see personal attacks on a player, go to the training camp thread.

I maintained, from long ago he'd come in at 3 years, $5.5m per and I have my reasons.......all of them directly about on ice.

I'm thrilled he's back and at a logical, fair deal for both sides.

Allow me to make one thing clear, as much as it annoys me seeing the player underrated and undermined, that's not really what I was talking about. You want an example? Someone in the Boeser thread suggested that he "needed to think more about his father" when negotiating this contract. You don't see anything wrong with that? Not to mention all of the claims that the player was "entitled", especially considering that he signed a very fair contract at the end of the day. 

1 minute ago, PuckFather said:

This HFboards was hoping Boeser would hold out!!! He calls himself a fan. :frantic:

Who says they could have gotten him long term at that? As pointed out , the Lu recapture and erikkson contract will be off the books by then so...... 

3 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

For sure, me too. I'm thrilled to have him back. It's just odd to me that a winger got significantly more than those defensemen. Brock really didn't have any negotiating power given his contract status, so I wasn't expecting to see the AAV over $5-5.5M on a 3 year term. Nothing to lose sleep over though. I'm glad he's back. 

Holding out on Brock trying to force a signing well under his market value would lay the path to losing him later and would infuriate the fans.  Was never going to happen.  The owner and management want players that the fans bond with......winning is one thing, but having an identity that fans like and support win or lose is another.  Brock has that connection here.

• Cheers 2