The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 02, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

"I thought the first 8-10 minutes of the game was our worst. Then we got our feet under us... First road game of the year we did a lot of things right, disheartening we didn't get a point out of it. I liked our game. I thought we spent a lot of the game in their zone. I liked the pace we were playing with. Quite easily could have won that game, probably deserved a point at least." - Green

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If I get drunk every time the Canucks lose, does that make me an alcoholic?

10 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

If they lose 82 times you will be by the end of November 

My wife promised me sympathy sex every time we lose so I guess I’ll be visiting 3457 Kingsway and Suite 289 800 – 15335 24th Avenue Surrey next month.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

That's on Green.

The team should have been playing together 1-2 games prior.

Exactly... THIS

this is why there was absolutely no chemistry out there.... NONE

Also... Hughes not dishing to Petey or Boeser on the PP cause he is on the bench is a joke

wouldnt we want hughes on the #1?

even Myres cannon from the point ?!?!

Goldobin and Gaudette in......please

Schaller and Sutter out... time for some tough love Brando (psst... "u stink" )

Sutters lack of effort/hustle and conditioning is making Loui look like an allstar out there..... At least you know a guy like Gaudette is gonna bring it 

Sutter??...... embarassing

If THIS (tonight) is Green getting this team ready to compete.... We are in for a rough ride

• Upvote 1

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Yep thats Newell Browns genius idea this year to improve the PP. Our PP last year looked better imo because we loaded our 1st unit. This year am not sure when we have Hughes and Horvat waste their talent on 2nd PP. 

I get trying to spread the wealth around, but I really don't understand having Leivo on the first unit. Surely there are players that would be more effective in an offensive role than Leivo. Hell, there are players in Utica that would better in an offensive role HINT HINT.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Still, my point stands that it is not lottery protected. Miller is good but at the end of the day he is just a 2nd line forward.

More than can be said about most 1st rounders.

But I hear ya.

The Canucks had their hands tied with an owner that wants to win now though.

Green got out-coached. 2nd and 3rd lines were ok. the rest didn’t show any chem

powerplay was an absolute $$&@@&@ show; cost us the game. Still don’t understand why you wouldn’t keep bo boeser pette up on pp1 together. It worked sooo well last year. Why mess with it. baer would have helped also. 

Also, I didn’t notice a whole lot of Ferland tonight. Whatever they were advertising, didn’t see any of it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Bro trust that line sucks ass. I'd say another game before you won't ever see that line again.

Leivo-Sutter-Eriksson isn’t the hill I’m going to die on but I still think tonight they were, relatively, our 2nd best line after Bo’s unit.  Top line didn’t show up 5v5 or on the PP.... and the Beagle line didn’t get a lot of time. 

We outshot them 33-22... on the road where the opposition can match up Draisaitl and McDavid at will. It wasn’t the disaster people are making it out to be.  

Edited by ilduce39
  • Upvote 3

Green's excuse to not playing Gaudette tonight was because he hasn't played wing since like highschool... 

what a bs weak excuse. Schaller and Eriksson contributed what tonight? instead of taking advantage of a team with weak depth, he decides to match that by dressing an equally unskilled bottom 6. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Like I predicted Leivo - Sutter - Virtanen line provided zero offence. Horrible balance.

If they’re going to provide nothing offensively they better be close to perfect on the defensive side. Sutter and Eriksson floating back as McDavid strolls in and ends the game.

Get Eriksson out of the lineup, drop Virtanen to the 4th and get Gaudette in there. At least he’ll try and create offence.

And bring the Baer back.

• Cheers 1

There were lots of positives tonight. Few guys looked a little rusty. Thought Myers had a good game. Not much of a fan of the bottom 6 tonight. Really we deserved the win all things said. Smith play was a joke. He’ll get lit up just yet

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I thought the first 8-10 minutes of the game was our worst. Then we got our feet under us... First road game of the year we did a lot of things right, disheartening we didn't get a point out of it. I liked our game. I thought we spent a lot of the game in their zone. I liked the pace we were playing with. Quite easily could have won that game, probably deserved a point at least." - Green

Oh, and Gaudette is coming in to center the third line. 

Brandon’s taking a seat in the press box next game. 

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Ferland-Petey-Boeser

Baertschi-Gaudette-MacEwen

Leivo-Beagle-Sutter

This lineup is what I want. Will never happen, but god damn would it be 100x better than what our management group sees as a good bottom 6. 

Edited by Dombrova22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1