The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | Oct 5 | 7 PM | CBC

Rate this topic

AlwaysACanuckFan

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how the weakest part of Hughes' game has been his shot power....and then he managed to break Russell's leg with a slap shot anyway? 

I had to do a double take when that happened. I could have sworn it was Petey who took the shot.

He was letting fly with impunity on Thursday... obviously an area he’s trying to improve.

• Upvote 1

Love the idea of getting Gaudette in with Virtanen and Leivo on his wings.  

Was thinking they’d move Sutter over there in an attempt to babysit.  Not that Sutter can’t score, but I think the offensive potential of Gaudette-Virtanen is pretty tantalizing. Should be fun to watch.  

It also leaves us with a nice shutdown 4th line... and it’s not like Bo’s line can’t take matchup responsibilities as well.  Pretty nicely balanced on paper if Jake and Adam can get going.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Wanless said:

It's just too bad that if you turn on sportsnet you'll be bombarded with leaf propaganda all day

I’ve always wondered why they don’t have region specific talk shows. Is hockey not popular enough in Canada that Sportsnet Pacific can’t run shows specifically about the Canucks?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

It's an unhurried approach to preparation. 

“I think one of the guys who skates on their team had a lot of shots. Like 300 or something? Anyways, I’ll keep an eye on it and do stuff that’ll help us.”

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 1