The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Oct. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

34 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Good thing we sent down Baertschi because we had too much offense in the lineup.

Yeah ots funny how Cnucks send Leivo down yet we have schaller and eriksson on the team and Leivo plays number 1 PP. The off season additions were suppose to add depth not replace them and keep the bottom 6 exactly same as last year. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Okay the experiment is over 2 games in...

put Miller with EP40 and BB6;

Baer back with Horvat and Pearson

Ferland with JV and Gaudette...

so much with building chemistry during the preseason with all the new guys....save it for the regular season, cause it really is showing

Smith looked hot

Riddick looked hot...whose next to make look hot.

OR get really wild...

Pearson-EP40-Boes

Sven B.- Horvat-Leivo

Ferland-Miller-Virtanen

I would try 

Ferland -  Pettersson - Miller

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

the Horvat - Pearson - Miller line isa really good heavy line but it lacks the finish and finesse. Inserting Brock there would give that line a legit scoring threat.

Petey needs forecheckers that can retrieve the puck and win board battles. with Miller on his wing he gets two good forecheckers and big bodies to win board battles. 

I hope Green feels the same.. -_-

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

POSTGAME | Travis Green

I'm sick of green.

Get an NHL coach that has actually been successful in the NHL. This guy sucks.  

I mean, why the hell would he not put our 5 best players on the PP1?  Dumbarse.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

They finally get a puck rushing and puck moving dman on the PP to make things happen....and they're teaching him the drop pass in the neutral zone....I got an idea, what about using his strength to the teams advantage???

....not only do they drop pass, but they drop pass every time! How predictable do you want to make it...need to change it up boys and try different entries ...including the drop pass.

It's a lost cause. We're cursed to see drop passes after drop passes til we drop. It'll be finally over when Brown gets fired and Edler retires.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

I would try 

Ferland -  Pettersson - Miller

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser

the Horvat - Pearson - Miller line isa really good heavy line but it lacks the finish and finesse. Inserting Brock there would give that line a legit scoring threat.

Petey needs forecheckers that can retrieve the puck and win board battles. with Miller on his wing he gets two good forecheckers and big bodies to win board battles. 

I hope Green feels the same.. -_-

I like that combination, using the existing players we have. Miller is a lot better than people think he is, another "sleeping on this guy" pick.

41 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I am convinced that Vanek was our real PP coach in the 2017-18 season.

He is currently a UFA, we should hire him to be our PP coach. There is no way the PP should be this bad with the players we have.

I imagine even if Canucks wouldve added Leon and McDavid to the lineup this offseason, Brown would still manage to put Leivo on 1st PP unit just because he wants to "spread" the talent and have 3 PP units

• Cheers 1