Feel sorry for Myers...….it cost us, and those things don't happen often

It hurt

Second thing...……...our PP is way too stationary

I was watching the Tor/MTL game and the players are always moving

the puck is always moving...…..

#3...…...for only playing 10 minutes Jake had a good game......very noticeable

#4...…...Tanev was having a rough time handling the puck 

#5...…...Bottom lines did their job

To me, it was a game where Calgary capitalized on the 3 major mistake the Canucks made (2 really)

That is about it...…..

Pretty much spot on...

thought on the PP in particular with the 2 man advantage they were moving the puck, as well as position wise, without any urgency. 

Regarding handling the puck there were a fair few in the same boat as Tanev with a lot of missed passes... all over the ice. Got a lot better in the third in particular.

PK was in general good.  

Glad to see JV and Gaudette in particular making themselves noticeable. Gaud seemed to have a bit of feistiness about him. 

It’ll get better I’m sure. And not nearly as downbeat as a lot of the ‘ The end is near’ posters here... 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, xereau said:

Put Gaudette in at Leivo's RH rover position on PP1.

The inability to take, or make a string of passes tells me that they are chasing the play.

At the very least they need to take the body more and force the other team to come and take the puck away, instead of just handing it over.

The game wasn't a blowout and Rittich made some great saves when he had to.

Game wasn't that bad, or team isn't as bad as people say.

And that Giordano dive.  WHAT IN THE...!

during the scrum....I would have punched Gio right in the mouth and then beat the sh$t out of him...why because I can.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hockey God said:

I think Green needs to rethink his personnel decisions.  It wasn't so annoying when he didn't have the horses to score or move the puck, but really, those excuses are now gone.  He's using what looks like midget level strategy at times on special teams, and while that may be fine at lower levels ... just give Elias the tablet to draw up some plays already!!  Couldn't be worse than what has been seen so far, and would probably be a whole lot better.

have to disagree...successful hockey is played the same (or similar) at all levels.

Edited by Pete M

I'm glad we don't have a lot of games to start the season.

Stack the PP1 newell

Myers good play but- giveaway bad

Schaller out- Big Mac in

Fix Ferland pronto- whatever if he's fighting a bug, fix it.

No more Too Many Men (who ever has the loudest voice calls the changes) coaches call the changes, clearer, louder, or whatever.

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Well tonight they couldn't even get primary scoring.

And what happened to wanting 3 balanced scoring lines like Benning talked about hoping to have?

Instead "Greener" loves the hard match and wants 2 checking/grinder lines when all the top teams only have 1.

This the same guy that didn't play Brock Boeser the first two games of the season as a rookie 2 years ago.

Trying to send some antiquated message like earning it and paying your dues even though Brock had proven himself coming out of North Dakota with a bang.

Not surprised he scratched Gaudette to start the year. He would probably send him to the minors if he could but his preseason was too good.

Even if can't get traction ol Trav' will be on the horn to Jimbo asking Tobe allowed a more veteran experienced third line.

Yeah, and Gaud looked good in preseason playing with Baer "chemistry" ...so he waived Baer.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, IRR said:

Agreed! I’ve been saying the same thing...there was a lot change, so it takes time. They’ll be fine! 

The extremes that that some people go to after 2 games is shocking to say the least! 

We had camp and pre season games to develop and test chemistry but why waste those chances when you can burn regular season games developing it?

this team has way more issues than chemistry after 2 games. A crap power play and the fact our coaches don’t know how many players are allowed on the ice 

I seriously miss AV. A real coach that adjusts to what is and isn’t working in a game. 

for example throwing Miller on line one for Ferland. We need a spark and you have to keep the opposing coach off balance and make him react. Staying the course through a complete game when it’s obvious the line setup is not working is pure insanity that accomplished nothing other than securing us being shutout 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He's been a lot better than Megna but yeah i'd take him off there. I wouldn't put Baer on the #1 PP though, 2nd yeah. Spreading the talent isn't working so stack the top unit. Bo JT Petey Brock Hughes.

I'd put JT on Petey's line with Brock for more offense, drop Ferland to Gaudettes line with Virtanen for more of an energy line and put Baer on Bo's line with Pearson for more offense as well. I like Beagle-Sutter as a duo, checking line/PK guys strictly defense. Throw Motte in their as their 4th LW since he actually hits and can PK.

I like your 5 x 5 lines - Horvats line needs a few more games the way it is though - same with the top line.   Miller is already a big commodity in the top six (was pretty sure he would be - and then completely sold in the pre-season, he’s maybe our best board guy and a great passer) id do this if the first line needs a spark - but hope they won’t need it - because Horvat also deserves a guy like him on his line.   Pearson is playing above his pay grade with him and I have a suspicion one of those guys playing on their off wing might make things difficult (would try Bear first) but you never know.

Ferland will pick it up - so will BB.  Both didn’t get enough/much camp in...think LA will be different...they also play CAL just before us - we will be pretty fresh.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, iceman64 said:

I didn't get to see the game but saw the results and frowned but then I remembered after the EDM game was seeing we outshot them so I looked at the SOG total tonight and same thing..

Last year and the year before, the majority of what I saw that disheartened me was us being outshot which was depressing as ____ but 2 games in, against a bad team and a good team we outshot both and if we keep it up the goals will start to come.

I didn't think, at first, counting the first one as a shocker but the second one again a good flames team is a lot better than last year getting outshot on a regular basis but at least it's a step in the right direction. Hope we keep it up while our team with the new arrivals start to gel together with our regulars and string some wins together but at least it's good to see.. 

I wouldn't take much out of that, the shot total was due to score effects (trailing late in a close game). The Flames were up 2-0 in the 3rd, took their foot off the gas and took a couple of penalties and the Canucks managed to get some shots on net. Otherwise, the Flames were in the driver's seat all game. The Oilers are a far worse team than the Flames, and McDavid only needed to show up for one shift to win that game, he was off his game all night. This was a bad road trip for the Canucks, hard to sugar-coat it.

It's a little early to cry "the sky is falling" just yet. There's a lot of new blood, the chemistry will take some time. Pre-season wasn't a lost opportunity, it's pretty much just an opportunity to injure your stars playing against AHL try-hards who will never get a sniff. Patience will be key for these first couple of weeks, let the roster shake itself out. Petey will come good and god awful experiments like playing Leivo on PP1 will end. Getting Gaudette in the lineup was a good first step but he needs to see more ice, his level of intensity is infectious. Roll on to the next one.

• Upvote 1

i said it after game 1 and I'll say it again.  

It's the home opener syndrome.  The home team is pumped because it's their home opener, the away team (us in this case), just stands around and watches and waits for all the opening ceremony stuff to end.  And then we come out flat.  Hopefully our home opener will have the same effect on the Kings.

10 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

So I guess all the other teams with “new faces” look unprepared, flat and ineffective or does that excuse only apply to Vancouver. 

go check out the other teams who haven't won a game yet