The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Canucks call up G Zane MacIntyre

Rate this topic

Ossi Vaananen

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Considering how well Demko has played in his NHL games, it sure doesn't take much to scare you. You must be scared to go outside because a big mean chipmunk might cross your path.

No where did I say Demko is trash, Demko blows, Demko sucks etc etc. All I said is he scares me, he has a tendency to be blown out every so often. 

Edited by debluvscanucks

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Demko going to get 4 straight wins and cdc will lose its collective mind. 

I got too lazy to make a pre-season thread about how October is likely the best month of the schedule for the Canucks. November presents much stiffer competition.

Edited by Salacious Crumb
smelling
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Demko is crazy young haha! Most goalies don't even make the show that young... Look how long it took Markstrom to hit his stride.

Demko is young by current standards, but not "crazy young". Matt Murray is 1.5 years older but won a cup at 2 years younger than Demko is now.

Carter Hart is 20 , Demko is almost 25

Both goalies in Pittsburg are 26 and both in Columbus are 25.

Now is a good time for Demko to show what he has.

On a positive note Demko was picked 2nd amoungst 4 goalies picked in 6 picks early in the second round in 2014, of those goalies Demko is progressing the best at this time.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Considering how well Demko has played in his NHL games, it sure doesn't take much to scare you. You must be scared to go outside because a big mean chipmunk might cross your path.

He's been inconsistent. I understand being positive and all, but he's not been the savior that this franchise needs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally, it’s here.

Time to see what we have in TD.

Since he is currently one of our best trade chips, I really hope he comes through and becomes the as-billed goalie-of-the-future he was drafted to be. 

If not, his stock plummets and we lose that trade value. 

I’ve put him up for a trade proposal before for Evan Bouchard. 

A package to get EB and Poolparty would be pretty sweet. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Finally, it’s here.

Since he is currently one of our best trade chips, I really hope he comes through and becomes the as-billed goalie-of-the-future he was drafted to be. 

If he reached his potential I’d rather have a Demko for 10 years than a Markstrom 5 years but each to their own

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Looking over their schedule, 8 of the next 10 games are winnable.  In other words, if they're going to make the playoffs, 8 of the next 10 are against teams they should beat.

1. Detroit
  2. St Louis *
  3. New Jersey
  4. Rangers
  5. Detroit
  6. Washington *
  7. Florida
  8. LA
  9. Anaheim
  10. San Jose

If we can shut down the Wings' and Rangers' top lines we'll be alright.  St. Louis would be a test, as would Washington, and I'm pretty excited to see what he and a tight defense can do against the reigning champs later this week.   

19 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Finally, it’s here.

Another expansion draft is a real piss-off - otherwise I wouldn't consider him a (necessary) trade chip.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

Yes really. He is good, but it seems like every 3rd or 4th game the guy decides to let in 5+. 

Yeah you're right...a guy who's played 10 games in the NHL, some of which he was playing in with a team depleted by injury, should come out guns a blazing.  

Give him a chance to establish himself.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, xereau said:

He's been inconsistent. I understand being positive and all, but he's not been the savior that this franchise needs.

That's the issue, right there.  A player shouldn't have to be a saviour but this fanbase often sets the bar there (I am guilty). Team game and if the team isn't performing that's worn by everyone...not just the (new to the NHL) goaltender.   

We should really allow for a period of adjustment into the game.   Not all players will be awesome all the time from the onset and goaltenders under the spotlight in a market like Vancouver DO likely feel that pressure and he may have to acclimatize himself to it.  "Settle in" allowance.  We have great goaltending coaching and I have all the confidence that they'll help him tweak areas that may need attention.  Including the mental aspect of the game and helping him to relax out there.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1