The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks assign Adam Gaudette to Comets

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I just don't like Jasek being shafted, he's shown some real upside. 

He's unlikely to become a C at the NHL level so that wasn't ideal either.  Would drop Bailey to the 4th and put Jasek with MacEwen.  

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Boo!  Not a fan of this decision.  Sure, yes, he will get a lot of ice time in Utica blah blah blah

However, he just made the team after a great pre-season and GM JB said they would make room for players that earned a spot.  How long did that last?!?   Also disappointed Coach didn’t put him in the lineup opening night .....he deserved it.

Totally agree

It's the right move. He's not playing up here and while practicing and learning from NHL talent is beneficial Adam needs to play games. 

Utica's rolling and he'll be stepping into a great spot in their top six. He can be "the guy" down there as their top c as opposed to being part of the third or fourth line up here.

• Upvote 2

Just now, redhdlois said:

I mean, they obviously thought he was ready after pre-season to keep him with the team, right?   
In hindsight maybe they should have assigned him to Utica from the get-go.  

Its probably the only thing I am disappointed with JB about because like you said, JB said if someone deserves to make the team he would make room now I understand there are circumstances beyond what we may know but I think it sends a bad message to our prospects moving up the depth chart and may trigger some to request a trade thinking there's no room on our team for them

10 minutes ago, tas said:

the canucks did him a solid by letting him stay on the roster for an NHL pay period while he wasn't playing, which should net him about the equivalent of his yearly ahl salary. 

Agreed.  By my rough math he probably made a little over $100K already.