The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dear Mr. Eriksson

Rate this topic

Johnny Torts

He's been the subject of a lot of unwarranted hate from the fans.  As Brian Burke said, you can't expect a player to say no to a contract that someone's williing to give him.  

So if you want to blame someone, it's Jim Benning.  GMJB's more then made up for that mistake with his drafting so it's all good :) 

30 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Dear Mr. Eriksson,

I know you have had a rough go in Vancouver. It’s been a very rough few years, and the few games you got to play with our retired Sedins did not work out. OK. There was a season where you had 3 hits. Honestly I don’t know if that’s on purpose because you are stuck checking, or if your just lazy. Your physique doesn’t tell me you are lazy. Neither does your work ethic. 

I just want to point out the irony of your signature being a 2019/20 line up for the Canucks featuring 14 forwards. None of whom are Loui Eriksson

• Haha 3

Dear Mr Eriksson,

Play mad as a loon

Something, to make us all hahp-py..

Do anything, like

Lead in the room

Make some plays, snipe some goals

Make it snappy

You are the one, who's

Made all that cash, doin' that

We break out in tears

Please don't be sad, but

If a low cap you had

We wouldn't drown sorrow

In all of these beers

ooooooohhhhhh wahhhhhhhhh

oooohhhhhh  wahhhhhhh

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

south park beat a dead horse GIF

IF this started as a hack LE thread ...but I’d say less then one out of ten are nice so ... maybe just that one part the bats hitting counts.    Happen to agree with the OP, sure a lot of it’s on him too - in this picture the CDC is the guy and LE is definitely the horse. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

The pointless posts adding to your contribution count piss me the &^@# off too. 

Oh that's weird Torts.  Didnt think I asked you bud.

I've never even put a single thought or care into this "contribution count" you speak of.

Thanks for coming out though bud!

american-wedding-seann-william-scott-thumbs-up-a-universal-film-from-K38CEG.jpg

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Haha 1

I actually do feel for the guy. He’s just lost his touch. I don’t think he has poor work ethic and he’s not a bad player to have on the ice in the right situations.

The guys contract sucks and I would have signed the thing myself. Honestly I don’t think anyone saw the point total drop that far when they signed him.

A note on tonight’s game. 
Dudes been in the press box all season and he still tried to set up Pearson on that 2 on 1. I’d been shooting for my life if it was me in his boots. Pretty classy of him I’d say 

Edited by Devron44
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Oh that's weird Torts.  Didnt think I asked you bud.

I've never even put a single thought or care into this "contribution count" you speak of.

Thanks for coming out though bud!

american-wedding-seann-william-scott-thumbs-up-a-universal-film-from-K38CEG.jpg

I just viewed your profile and I take back what I said.

I really liked what u said about Jake in the GDT.

I hope you saw that this isn’t a LE hate thread too 

Cheers CG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He's been the subject of a lot of unwarranted hate from the fans.  As Brian Burke said, you can't expect a player to say no to a contract that someone's williing to give him.  

So if you want to blame someone, it's Jim Benning.  GMJB's more then made up for that mistake with his drafting so it's all good :) 

I mean, his work ethic is/was trash (tonight he looked engaged and was praised by fans). There are a lot of things you can't control, where you play, who you play with, how many minutes etc. But you do control your compete levels. When he was struggling and he moved down the lineup, his minutes and deployment became less top 6 and more bottom 6 he seemed to just check out of games. How he played tonight is how he should play more often then not. It's not Benning's fault Eriksson sucked and on top of that wasn't trying. With all that said, I hope he keeps bringing the same effort level he brought tonight. He's not as quick or as talented as he once was, but seeing him hustling was great.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

He played a nice game tonight.  

Exactly.

Eriksson stepped in tonight, and did what was expected of him.   Eriksson won an important physical battle using his smarts, and helped set up Schaller’s goal.

Yes - his contract sucks, but Eriksson’s presence on the team still gives us excellent short term insurance against the injury bug.    

For this year atleast, I don’t mind Eriksson being here at all if he has more games like he did tonight.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well JB wasn't the only GM not to put a true highly skilled smart power forward with the Sedin's, only happened once.. Anson Carter..