The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VIDEO: Woman goes on racist, expletive-filled tirade directed at employees of BC drug store

Ryan Strome

Not sure it's racism but certainly some sort of child services should talk to this woman.

@debluvscanucks @StealthNuck video in link has profanity not sure if that violates board rules. WARNING TO ALL.

https://www.kelownanow.com/news/news/Must_See_Video/VIDEO_Woman_goes_on_racist_expletive_filled_tirade_directed_at_employees_of_BC_drug_store/

Edit-"speak english in Canada."

We also know this woman isn't very educated as Canada is a bilingual country. 

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'll never understand some people's propensity for flying off the handle if they hear a foreign language being spoken around them. 

I can understand if two do that to each other if you were the topic of discussion as it is rude but many use their native language as it's easier to communicate with each other. 

Edited by Ryan Strome

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Her son actually looked scared. Any parent that doesn't have respect for their child needs help. Seriously if you're that mad take your child to a babysitter and go back to the store, or here is a crazy thought handle in mature like an adult so your child doesn't ever think that's right.

She needs some professional help....

220px-Anger_management_poster.jpg

• Upvote 1

She’s right! You should not be speaking another language in front of people if you work in customer service. I don’t feel like she was racist.” By saying speak Chinese somewhere else. Chinese isn’t a language but she didn’t know that. She was over the top for sure, racist no! 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

That's borderline child abuse to me.  We're supposed to shield our kids from stuff but she's subjecting hers to an angry outburst that was likely humiliating as well as terrifying.   

That kid has assault charges in his future. 

She's setting an example on how she teaches conflict resolution. 

• Upvote 2