The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks November 7 2019 5:30pm Pacific - watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

36 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Icing the best lineup is in a way why I think Baer should come into the fold.

The middle 6 have been changing almost every game with BO again seeing many line mates. Adding Baer in the lineup and on Bo's line that has a proven past, not detrimental and could prove to be a solid move to give the team a more balance attack in the middle six and stabilize things a bit. 

Sitting Loui and moving one of the middle 6 wingers to the fourth line would be a minor change that could help out Bo's line and still not really harm the 4th line (might even improve it)

There's nothing wrong with tinkering with the lineup when a team is playing well if you think it improves a couple areas.

Depends on who's opinion you ask when deciding on what is the best lineup to be iced. I'm sure Green feels he's icing the best lineup and not intentionally icing a weaker lineup just to spite Baertschi.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mll said:

Are they really trying to develop Gaudette as a winger.  Thought he was Sutter's replacement at some point.  He becomes waiver eligible in 12 games and cannot return to the AHL for development. 

Kesler began as a winger, as do many eventual Cs coming into the league.  They are simply trying him there, because they want to get him into the lineup and get him playing experience.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Virtanen The Great said:

100% correct. The canucks cant afford to underestimate any opponent. This hot start to start the year is nice for sure. But I remember a few years ago when Montreal started 10-0 and missed the playoffs. Every game they need to play like they have something to prove. Which I have a feeling they will! Go nucks go baby! 4-2 win tonight 

Unless my memory is faulty, I believe it was the Canucks that ended the 10 game winning streak, in Vancouver. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Darius said:

genuine question here (and may be a dumb one)  what does this mean?  Escrow?  They put money aside for something in the NHL?

Simple explanation (actually it's not that simple), the current CBA says the owners and the players will split Hockey Related Revenue (HRR) 50/50. 

In June when they set the salary cap for the next season they don't know what the revenues for next season will be so they estimate it based on projections.  Also the players can vote on an inflator to the cap of up to 5 per cent which will artificially raise the salary cap.  The helps free agents or RFAs sign larger contracts because more money is available.  However that can negatively impact existing (and new) contracts if HHR is not higher than projections.  The league withholds a certain % of all the contacts, they call that escrow.  If the actual revenues  are higher than projections the players might get back most of escrow withheld but recently they are only getting back a part of what was withheld.  The link below is over 2 years old but it explains all the terms and concepts and rules haven't changed.

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/and-now-you-know/2017/6/13/15788016/toronto-maple-leafs-cap-hit-2017-2018-escrow-cap-inflators-and-hrr-what-does-that-all-mean 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, guntrix said:

Bo’s first season in the NHL was rough, but the team stuck with him.

We’ve also given Jake 5 years (and counting) to get his game together. 

You’re telling me you want to send Adam down because he looked shaky against the cup champs and because he hasn’t produced to expectations, despite being in and out of the lineup? And I’m not even going to get into the fact that he arguably hasn’t been given the fair shake he more than earned in pre-season. 

I'm just not sure that's all.  Bo was always a thicker body and felt like he belonged.  Jake can score 15 + but can also skate like the wind and crush his opponents.

Watch the apposing team when he comes to forcheck...the puck carrier sees him coming and more often than not throws the puck away to avoid being hit.

I don't dislike Adam its just not a developmental league.  If you can't score you have to do something else very well....win faceoffs, hit hard, fight.... I just don't see 

him possessing any of those skills at an NHL level that's all.  I could be wrong one day.  

3 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

I'm just not sure that's all.  Bo was always a thicker body and felt like he belonged.  Jake can score 15 + but can also skate like the wind and crush his opponents.

Watch the apposing team when he comes to forcheck...the puck carrier sees him coming and more often than not throws the puck away to avoid being hit.

I don't dislike Adam its just not a developmental league.  If you can't score you have to do something else very well....win faceoffs, hit hard, fight.... I just don't see 

him possessing any of those skills at an NHL level that's all.  I could be wrong one day.  

Gaudette has the 7th highest ppg for a forward on the Canucks.  Maybe if he gets a rythm he will get that ppg even higher?

dmen.PNG.b701a1e3c41d32afdeb75357dd579ccb.PNG

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

“Can”

Streaky Jake has a whole lot of tools, but can’t seem to figure out how to put it all together. “Can” seems like a great way of describing his game. He’s had a few good games in a row. Maybe he’s arrived, or maybe he’s just on another teaser-streak, as he’s shown us before. 

Gaud has shown up clutch when he gets decent minutes. 

His game is much more cerebral and deliberate than the role Jake plays, and so he has to contribute in different ways on different lines, unlike Jake. 

I like Gaud and Jake, but I could care less if they remain Canucks.

They are complementary players; replaceable parts. 

JB has some decent trade chips if he needs them. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Cheers 1