The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 14, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

This team misses Beagle and Motte more then most fans acknowledge.  
We got pushed around by Benn today.  Their slumbering soft big guy fought the toughest guy in our lineup to open the game and then Stars took runs at Quinn and Elias without anyone on our team lifting a finger.  
If we're waiting on Ferland to make a miraculous comeback to his health from 5 years ago, we're in big trouble. 

Horvat really needs to find his game soon.  I thought today was his worst game of the season.  This was the worst game of the season so far to watch.  It never felt like we were going to win, even when we tied it at 2-2. 

3 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

i've defended green for a while now but now i just can't anymore. Taking Boeser off of Petterson's line when we are down is just stupid i hate to tell you this green but boeser isnt the issue on the line its the guy you refuse to take of that line. Levio has done nothing but hurt that lines production  

Make 1 perfect line so the other team focus down on that one line for an easy win?

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

We need Beagle or Sutter back... Bo's being overworked

Motte and Roussel would do wonders too, as the energy level is down.

1st line not much in way of chances...

But on the plus side Jake had a good game.

4th line stapled to the bench most of the game... 

Simple answer... Leivo.

He completely kills the offensive output of that line because he's always a step behind. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

I'll say he had a good game when he didn't have a bonehead turnover/penalty in the critical moments of the 3rd. He's the most fragile veteran player I've seen who always cracks under pressure.

Hope that day will come sooner than later...

He can't handle more than 15 minutes a night. Yet they continually overwork him like he's an engine or something. He literally stops playing after that point. Doesn't tie up sticks, doesn't turn his head, just drifts around. 

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

Looks like the yearly injury November is upon us. Thought we had more depth than this. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. 

Horvat must be injured red as he is a ghost out there. 

I watched him closely tonight and he couldn't even win any board battles. 

People will use his wingers as excuse, but i think his wingers have been fine imo. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I thought we had some spurts. Thought we were alright. Thought we turned the puck over a few times that cost us, and thought they won more puck battles than we did. They're a heavy team, they know how to defend hard. You gotta skate, you gotta play direct." - Green

"Gotta play Leivo as much as possible.  Especially with the top offensive players on the team because he's that good." - Green

• Thanks 1

Coaching staff cost us the game. Green for starting Markstrom.

Defence was awful, how many 2 on 1’s did the Stars have. I made it in time for the 3rd and saw quite a few. 

Heard the PP was garbage as well, what else is new…

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

We couldn't complete a damn pass in the 3rd

Stars forechecking was crazy ferocious. Granted our passes weren't that sharp either, but that's how you play when you're leading by 1 in the 3rd.

We would have won at least a 2-3 more games had we played like that when we were leading.