The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Nov. 25, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

How'd that go here again? Oh yeah, terribly. Turns out you can’t coach the Vancouver Canucks from Point Roberts, Wa...

He was and still is a polar opposite of the coaching style we had/ have and too much of a culture shock. Although I do think he is a good coach, for us he is the wrong coach, I was just having fun. Having said that,Green is the wrong coach too.

Watched the Flyers post game, AV put Voracek on Courtourie's line to get him going and he responded with a goal and assist. AV loaded up a line. 

I saw Lievo shot in close with two players on the other side of the crease! In dead cold! If only he got it through. Boes had a chance in close but couldn't cash in. 

I think they were talking about pressure to offset our great skill. Sounds like AV wasn't taking our skill guys lightly.

ps missed the game because of work. Blackout game?

Edited by Hairy Kneel

6 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Usually have to get more than 17 shots on net to win?.........Sigh, Typical.

Omg, I didnt check the box score even, but 17 shots.. lol

Def not watching anything but the highlights. 

I guess it might have been hard to get up for Philly after the Washington game?

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

He was and still is a polar opposite of the coaching style we had/ have and too much of a culture shock. Although I do think he is a good coach, for us he is the wrong coach, I was just having fun. Having said that,Green is the wrong coach too.

Yeah polar opposite, he wasn't even in the Country when we practiced... :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Think I'll pass on that.

My son just got home from a friends and tells me the Canucks looked "house league".

He thinks he's a big deal now that he made Rep this year, but when a 10yr old gives that kind of a review I might even pass on the condensed game and stick to the 2min highlight package.

Good idea. You can also skip most of the highlights except for about 15 seconds lol.

• Haha 3

Look, we've had some bad games the past little while.

Look at it this way: If we miss the playoffs again AND win a top three pick we could get Lucas Raymond. I've had my eye on him for the last little while and I think he'd be a permanent solution to play with EP40. He's a playmaking winger but he's got some scoring touch. A top line of Podkolzin-Pettersson-Raymond would light up the league IMO. Out of all the players available in the summer's draft I really think Lucas is a really special player. 

I gave Green credit last game but tonight he was back to typical Green

- first we decide to try to defend a one goal lead 

- then we try to defend a 1-1 tie 

- we had done zip since the first and with the game tied 1-1 we start the useless 2nd line pp because Green thinks we can carry over timeouts to the next game. The entire powerplay was out of sync because we changed lines with possession in our end and could not establish anything. Take the bloody timeout and start the first line pp with an offensive zone faceoff 

- but wait we take our valuable timeout down 2-1 with 12 seconds left only to throw Levio out on the ice 

- we win 2 games and Green takes the Flyers for granted

Edited by canuck2288
  • Upvote 1