The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Nov. 25, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, nuck-lifer said:

Not saying green coach a good game, but he would literally have to bench 2/3 of the team tonight for not putting in 90%.

They looked tired and maybe it was a hangover from the thrilling Washington game but this is on the whole group.

Fully expect a bounce back game Wednesday 

Pretty much have to play

Leivo-Bo-Miller
Edler-Myers 

Hughes

for the last 40. :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

When does Green start getting some blame for the lack of effort from the team, and the weird deployments he does?

What he ^ said!  Couldn't agree more.  The players take cues from the coaches, and if they can't be bothered to amp the team up for a game, or give them a pep talk between periods, or take a timely timeout to re-energize the players when needed, then what are they doing in the NHL?  The team looks like it may be ready to take the next step, but they need someone who holds people accountable, takes them to task when needed, but rewards them when warranted, instead of holding them back.  We need a guy who has seen it all, knows what it's like to work with young stars and teams on the cusp ... entice Jacques Martin out of Pittsburgh, and give him the keys to the team.  Potential GM as well if Benning's moves don't work out for some reason.       

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Not saying green coach a good game, but he would literally have to bench 2/3 of the team tonight for not putting in 90%.

They looked tired and maybe it was a hangover from the thrilling Washington game but this is on the whole group.

Didn't watch the game but sounds like JT could have used some one who was skating as hard as him.

• Cheers 1

Once again we depend on the goaltenders to keep us out of the basement no different than last season. 

D coverage d zone in general is a total disaster. Puck possession is how the best teams play  yet we play a hand possession over freely system. 

Nucks aren’t fast, skilled, hard hitting, defensive, what exactly has been built. 

Easy to play against again

Edited by Tracksuit
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I thought the entire team outside of Demko, Horvat, Miller and Leivo had a bad night. Nothing stuck out that this was Green’s fault. 

Would have liked to see Baertschi in over LE though. 

You think starting the second line pp unit instead of taking a timeout was not a bad decision? 

On the plus side, we are still 2-2-0 on this 6 game road trip. We have two tough games remaining (Pittsburgh and Edmonton) but if we could somehow get a win out of one of them and end up 3-3-0, I will take it. Then we come back home for a sweet December schedule which should see us pick up some wins.

Can't wait to get through November... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You think starting the second line pp unit instead of taking a timeout was not a bad decision? 

Considering our first unit wasn't playing well at all it's nothing I'd be whining to no end about. I do agree he needs to not sit on his timeouts for so long though. 

10 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

I agree the effort sucked but when we had zip going for us and we were being badly outplayed and it was a matter of time before the Flyers scored. We are gifted a powerplay and Green suffers yet another brain cramp in game 

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, I just find the knee-jerk coach blaming to be laughable at best here. 

I heard AV got out-coached here ad nauseum from 2009-2013 and now tonight. TG got out-coached by... you guessed it... AV. 

It's lazy and lame scapegoating. 

That's what I was saying. No way the coaches get a free pass for a lackluster performance like tonight, but they aren't the ones manufacturing it either....

... Well f**k that. I don't know anymore. I've been trying come up with a logical explanation all these years, but I now give up. Coaches say they never tell their players to sit on a lead. Players always say they try to push the pace to score more. So where's the on-ice result coming from?

Guess truth is buried DEEP somewhere in between.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1