The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

KES JUICE PODCAST TREND

Rate this topic

Squamfan

On 12/16/2019 at 12:21 PM, joe-max said:

Interestingly Kesler comes across as being a bit insecure and not arrogant at all. I also found his comments regarding Crow and his relation to Canucks fans interesting. The guy is genuinely hurt and I can't blame him.

Was mad about him leaving for like the first year or so but then got over it. He was definitely most peoples favourite (although a lot of fans won’t admit that now).

Can’t blame him now that I look back at it. He was still in his prime and wanted another shot at the cup, and we were trending towards a rebuild, downward direction.

I think a lot of fans have got over it now, and some are still hurt about it. Players like Kes are rare to find these days…

Also do believe he is trying to “repair” his relationship with Canuck fans. He doesn’t respond to tweets much, but responded to this

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Was mad about him leaving for like the first year or so but then got over it. He was definitely most peoples favourite (although a lot of fans won’t admit that now).

Can’t blame him now that I look back at it. He was still in his prime and wanted another shot at the cup, and we were trending towards a rebuild, downward direction.

I think a lot of fans have got over it now, and some are still hurt about it. Players like Kes are rare to find these days…

Also do believe he is trying to “repair” his relationship with Canuck fans. He doesn’t respond to tweets much, but responded to this

Yup I was in the same boat... although I'd say my hate was longer than 1 year. I wasn't able to let go until I realized the trade was for the best and Ryan had earned his NTC.

Vancouver fans are extremely passionate about their hockey and we just felt betrayed... so booing our guts out was the only solution at the time... it sure did create a good atmosphere every time he returned to Van. We didn't realize that the guy gives us a DECADE of guts and glory in Manitoba and Vancouver. He was a warrior like no other when he wore the iconic Orca on his chest.

I think Ryan probably realizes that it was warranted when he got boo'd. It's been quite a few years though... and he deserves to be celebrated as the legend that he was.

He deserved 3 or 4 more selkes in his career. Bergeron is as overrated as it gets.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, apollo said:

Yup I was in the same boat... although I'd say my hate was longer than 1 year. I wasn't able to let go until I realized the trade was for the best and Ryan had earned his NTC.

Vancouver fans are extremely passionate about their hockey and we just felt betrayed... so booing our guts out was the only solution at the time... it sure did create a good atmosphere every time he returned to Van. We didn't realize that the guy gives us a DECADE of guts and glory in Manitoba and Vancouver. He was a warrior like no other when he wore the iconic Orca on his chest.

I think Ryan probably realizes that it was warranted when he got boo'd. It's been quite a few years though... and he deserves to be celebrated as the legend that he was.

He deserved 3 or 4 more selkes in his career. Bergeron is as overrated as it gets.

Good post, except for the last sentence. Bergeron is an unreal HOF player, not overrated an iota in my mind. 

I prioritize listening to the Pod. I cringe when Bieksa says 'no big deal' it's like a knockoff cola slogan for 'not a big deal' 

• Cheers 1

Never hated Kes for leaving. What do you want the guy to do? Stay knowing that he will not get another chance? That, you might get from some people who have family ties or a local boy. Kesler was never that person so he did what he had to do. Get over it and stop booing next time he plays here 

3 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

Never hated Kes for leaving. What do you want the guy to do? Stay knowing that he will not get another chance? That, you might get from some people who have family ties or a local boy. Kesler was never that person so he did what he had to do. Get over it and stop booing next time he plays here 

Was never mad at him for leaving, was mad that he demanded out AND would only go to one team.  

On 1/9/2020 at 6:00 PM, J-Dizzle said:

Was never mad at him for leaving, was mad that he demanded out AND would only go to one team.  

Well he said he’s go to Anaheim OR Anaheim, but yeah basically handcuffed us... I am over it now.

Still wish we kept Bonino instead of getting Sutter though. 

Heard the podcast and can’t be happier for where Kassian is at with his life right now. I think he can be an inspiration for many players who are struggling with off ice challenges. Really wish he could’ve figured it out earlier and be the player he is right now with the Canucks. But he did say that it took until the accident in Montreal for him to really figured it out. Great character, very worthy of a listen.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

#7 is the best episode so far.  This podcast is slowly eroding my hatred for Kesler over how he handcuffed the team by putting so few teams on his trade list.  Other than that black mark, Kesler is still my second favourite player from the last cup run team, behind Bieksa and just ahead of Lu and the twins.