The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Golden Knights @ Canucks Dec 19 2019 - 7pm - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

6 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

Ferland or Miller were supposed to be that upgrade. Unfortunately that hasn't panned out with Ferland, although it didn't seem like he got much time to try it out. 

I don't know why we haven't tried Gaudette on Horvats wing 

Yeah he got what two games? Then it’s been Leivo in and out of the top 2 lines, with Pearson stapled there for 99% on Bos line. Right now I’d keep Jake and Rooster on Bos and the lotto line together. Greens fixed on Pearson but the guys only good 50% of the time. Hot or cold, don’t see why he and Leivo aren’t 3rd line full time

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Truth be told, I hate that people are waiting to pounce on a loss to prove a point they have.

I hope the team can pull it together, mostly, to calm the restless.  So we can enjoy talking hockey, not having tantrums (not all are, but some appear to be escalating the emotion in all of this in a negative way).  We need something positive...something "all is calm, all is bright".

Love hockey...am in this for the long haul and simply want an exciting/close game that entertains.  Hopefully, that results in a much needed win to build from.  If not, I'm running for cover.....

I've noticed this too.  It's not like we've played terrible the past few games,  they keep it up they should win some games for sure.     Still some of the best hockey I've seen the Canucks play in a few years - the lows this year are mostly close games.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

We should of Kept Neely, at time think owners wanted a big name----- Pederson  Bos - had had a few good seasons.

Derlago and Vaive----- Very very bad trade both future super star under 23 at time..----( Butler  -- Williams )   awful trade 

That is why trading a guy like Virtanen can be scary? 

I see Big Jake 6'1, 218 lbs, 23 age power forward with great speed future 21-23 goal guy 45-50 points per season guy...

Every team that makes playoffs need a few Big Jakes on there team..

Only would trade if player in return is young with bright upside...Don't want anymore trades for old veterans 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Deboer.

Knows division and has had gotten to the finals his first year with SJS and NJD. Doubt that happens with us but could help us take that next step out of this current mediocrity.

I think you are on to something here

the past 2 weeks i've been poking around looking at other coaching options, CURRENTLY, available..............

not a lot of great options but Peter Deboer has stood out as the best Intern option

I"m afraid to say that 2 more losses and management will have to act

my  2 cents

Go Canucks Go

52 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope the Canucks muster all they have today and beat these golden calves of the NHL. All I want to see as a fan is a team effort where everyone plays their asses off and fights for each other. If they do that and still lose, I'll be happy because the effort would have been there.

Go Canucks Go, god damn it!

14419487.gif

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Ferland is a write off ..

He's done.. doesn't get touched in the head in a fight out 2 months.. 

Put him on LTIR retirement.. 

CAR coaches had issues with him for a reason. 

LTIR retired .. move on. 

sad so sad, but appears that you have nailed it on the head, (no pun intended)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Annoys me that Green feels this is just a part of the gruelling season, that the players are probably tired, and they haven't had much puck luck. Excuses.

Players are tired? The season isn't even half over yet, just getting started really. This is concerning.

As far as puck luck  it doesn't take luck to complete a pass, or to one-time a shot instead of taking too much time to shoot (Boeser). Or shooting and actually hitting the net. Or hammering opponents with big checks. This has little to do with luck.   

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

sad so sad, but appears that you have nailed it on the head, (no pun intended)

I refuse to give up on Ferland , his problem is he just came back too early! hope he takes all the time he needs to get healthy

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

His skating is so silky smooth and his ability to strip the puck (back) even when he loses it something special.

I don't care that he's given that allowance...it's what makes him shine bright.  Green obviously sees the mistakes when they are made but is treating it as something to tweak and not change.  I'd hate them to change his game.  200%.  Are you kidding?  He's a real gem and you don't really mess with that.  Others don't have the skating/puck control ability that he has.

The team might be losing because he isn't playing the same system. Or isn't able to.

So Pettersson, Horvat and Boeser all cannot control the puck like him? Stecher and even Biega used to rush the puck end to end and for the most part stayed plus players without getting 50% of the total PP time.

Hey he is good but right now the other players are trying to cover for him too much, Boeser, Horvat or Pettersson playing defence instead of offence when he rushes? He is putting a lot of pressure on his dman partner and they are getting exposed.

Like I posted a win or a double axle? One is about a team sport the other is about watching someone skating.

• Cheers 1

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I went to sportsnet last night to see the posts about the Canucks and I was quite surprised most were agreeing with Burke and just cheering on our young team,  It was quite refreshing to read those uplifting posts

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I went to sportsnet last night to see the posts about the Canucks and I was quite surprised most were agreeing with Burke and just cheering on our young team,  It was quite refreshing to read those uplifting posts

Me too but I watched a different show with Dreger on it, they all agreed that the issue was because the fans expected too much from this team, the one guy said the team isn't very good. I think you can still get the show on the web.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/what-s-plaguing-the-canucks-during-three-game-skid~1857895/what-s-plaguing-the-canucks-during-three-game-skid~1857895

"That team is not that good"

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy

5 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Me too but I watched a different show with Dreger on it, they all agreed that the issue was because the fans expected too much from this team, the one guy said the team isn't very good. I think you can still get the show on the web.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/what-s-plaguing-the-canucks-during-three-game-skid~1857895/what-s-plaguing-the-canucks-during-three-game-skid~1857895

He forgot the "yet" part.  That's key in all of this.  People are deciding already but the verdict's not really out yet.  And we're missing our veteran/best d man.  That matters in all of this.

• Like 1

For this team to have any chance of making and progressing in the playoffs they need a couple of defencemen a la Keith and Seabrook, or at least one such as Pronger, Chara etc. They need this while the forwards are at their peak. At the moment there's nothing in Utica that looks like it'll fit that category, and given the time it takes to develop defencemen the only option will be through trade. This may be a painful process, as you're not going to get something for nothing, so in all likelihood it would be one of the top forwards to go.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I think Burkie's helmet is absurd

As far as fans expecting too much form this team - Benning is banking on playoffs this or next year. He traded a 1st to guarantee playoffs, he brought in better D. The Canucks are dropping fast to the bottom of the West (again).  What are we supposed to expect?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1