The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Zack Kassian suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Only people cheering are their own fans or fans of big hits and I have no problem with how Kassin answered but while kassin is rag dolling MT , he almost hits his head on the ice a few times....that's the only thing I have a problem with......Kassin went a lil overboard but I understand that but I don't want to see that type of rag dolling in the game....

Yea, I agree. 

I have no problem with Kassian getting 2 games. The part that bothers me the most is that the DOPeS are saying that it is ok to take a 4 step run and leave your feet to hit another player. 
This could get ugly real fast. 
Kassian took note and if I am a Flames player I am really keeping my head up and handling the puck like a hot potato. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

that is awesome. "I didn't thinkyou could do that, but after speaking to George, appearently you are allowed"

"I can do that kind of stuff"

after all teh stupid crap from DoPES its noce to see someone call them on their shizzhizzle for once

Kassian is my favorite non-Canuck

• Cheers 2

tkachuk blatantly targets kassian head in 2 of the 3 hits. The nhl is bush league I can't wait to watch kassian  destroy Chucky next game   I miss kass he was a gooder love how physical he plays and he's got decent hands for a big man.  What a coward tkachuk is  hopefully  more teams start running him he's got a target on his head. If some ones being cheap u up the dirt level kass should have put up his stick or a elbow Bure style as Mathew came in to hit him, bust his jaw that's what pronger would have done. 

23 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Parros told Kassian that he can throw the hits like Tkachuk did and Kassian said that’s great. 

Seems pretty excited. 

Way for the NHL to defuse the situation.  I get that it's actually not in their interest to do so - the animosity is likely to bring on additional viewers - but my guess is that the refs are going to try to "manage" this themselves and there will be a lot of penalties (including misconducts) called out of scrums that would usually not even warrant a penalty in the playoffs.

I'm pretty certain that if Kassian throws a hit like Tkachuk did, then that would be considered a blind side hit, especially if the player hit ends up getting hurt.

Sigh.

6 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Way for the NHL to defuse the situation.  I get that it's actually not in their interest to do so - the animosity is likely to bring on additional viewers - but my guess is that the refs are going to try to "manage" this themselves and there will be a lot of penalties (including misconducts) called out of scrums that would usually not even warrant a penalty in the playoffs.

I'm pretty certain that if Kassian throws a hit like Tkachuk did, then that would be considered a blind side hit, especially if the player hit ends up getting hurt.

Sigh.

Totally agree. Zach throws the exact same hit next game guaranteed he gets a charging call. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I hope it happens and then the discussion will ensue on what a two faced farce the NHL can be. 

Yup. I just cannot shake the notion that if that would’ve been McDavid on the receiving end of that hit this whole thing plays out quite differently.Yup. I just cannot shake the notion that if that would’ve been McDavid on the receiving end of that hit this whole thing plays out quite differently.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Yup. I just cannot shake the notion that if that would’ve been McDavid on the receiving end of that hit this whole thing plays out quite differently.Yup. I just cannot shake the notion that if that would’ve been McDavid on the receiving end of that hit this whole thing plays out quite differently.

Imagine if Kassian was still a Canuck. Double the suspension, book it.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1