The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sharks @ Nucks - Jan 18 2020 - 7pm - HNIC

Rate this topic

xereau

Quinn Hughes comparable?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I met him a couple of times, very nice kid. There was one time the usher told him to not sign my jersey (and he had the sharpe and about to signed it) because he was not allowed and he apologized to me sincerely even though this isn’t his fault at all, which is what I told him. Great kid.

An usher told a player not to sign your jersey and the player listened? I would have told the usher to EFF off and gotten him canned. Players wouldn't be making millions if it wasn't for the.................FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

An usher told a player not to sign your jersey and the player listened? I would have told the usher to EFF off and gotten him canned. Players wouldn't be making millions if it wasn't for the.................FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair it was an upper deck sponsored signing event, and he was only allowed to sign Upper Deck items. However, I took the chance to get him to sign the jersey and he would’ve signed it if it wasn’t for the usher telling him not to. However, I was able to meet him again at another time and he got to sign my jersey, so it is all good ::D

14 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

To be fair it was an upper deck sponsored signing event, and he was only allowed to sign Upper Deck items. However, I took the chance to get him to sign the jersey and he would’ve signed it if it wasn’t for the usher telling him not to. However, I was able to meet him again at another time and he got to sign my jersey, so it is all good ::D

That is such BS in my books. Pay a couple bucks for a pack of cards and get it signed, pay $200 for a jersey and get declined....what is wrong with the world haha.

Glad to hear you still got it signed, I have unfortunately never been able to get 1 of my jerseys signed when going to a game and I dont live down on the coast where signing events occur. I assume you have to pay to get in or just show up real early and wait?

Is there a list of signing events the Canucks players attend!?

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

That is such BS in my books. Pay a couple bucks for a pack of cards and get it signed, pay $200 for a jersey and get declined....what is wrong with the world haha.

Glad to hear you still got it signed, I have unfortunately never been able to get 1 of my jerseys signed when going to a game and I dont live down on the coast where signing events occur. I assume you have to pay to get in or just show up real early and wait?

Is there a list of signing events the Canucks players attend!?

The Upper Deck Signing event was in Rogers Arena, and it happened during the draft (I went to the draft). I heard about the signing and even bought the jersey at the arena hoping for it to be signed (it was a gamble I was willing to take). However, since I live in Victoria, BC and fortunately that’s where training camp was being hosted back in September, I got him to signed it while in town. As for signings, your best bet would be training camps, prospect camps etc. Definitely not before/after the game unless if you got connections or got VIP access. Personally, I also don’t want to bother the players before or after the game for autographs. Before the games, I don’t want to distract them and want them to focus on winning. After the game, they must all be exhausted and would not want to be in their way too much so they can get better rest. I haves only gotten my stuffs signed during a prospect camp up in Shawnigan Lake and last year’s training camp.

2 hours ago, Father Ryan said:

This is a game we should win, and fairly easily. That being said, I'm kinda worried about this being a "trap" game; not very often we are a clear favorite. As tight as the standings are, we need every point we can get, especially on nights when everyone is playing.

I'm hoping for a 4-1 win: Virt, Petey, Pearson and Hughes scoring

No such thing as easy games in the NHL.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers

Extras: Schaller, MacEwen, Benn

Really wish we would put Boes up with Bo and drop LE down to at best the 3rd line, I would move Motte or Sutter to line 3 and LE to the 4th

• Like 1