The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Young Stars Classic returns to Penticton

37 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm glad to hear it's back but of course they do it now that most of the Canucks' blue chip prospects are with the big club. 

I don't see that Edm, Cal or Winny have enviable prospect pools these days.  Canucks youngin's will do just fine.

55 minutes ago, Keenan's Moustache said:

Yay!  Hoglander, Madden, Rathbone, Woo, Utunen, maybe Podkolzin if the start of his KHL season doesn't conflict with these dates - anyone can confirm?

Meanwhile, I also look forward to seeing the lottery picks for the Prairie teams from this upcoming draft!  ^_^

KHL season does conflict. KHL contracted players can't participate in NHL sanctioned events. It's one of the reasons why Podkolzin wasn't at the Canucks Development Camp this year too. Madden and Rathbone won't be there either unless they sign with the Canucks before (NCAA also conflicts). But depending on what happens with Podkolozin and if he can get out of his contract, there's always a chance he'll be there too... a lot can happen between now and September.

But that said, I expect Hoglander, Woo, Utunen, Focht, and other CHL/AHL rookie prospects too be there. And we'll have a new batch of prospects from the 2020 draft to be excited by too.

Of course, after the best Canucks prospects graduated into our NHL roster, the two loser Alberta teams wants to be part of it again. Kind of wish we do this without them and invite other teams to be part of it instead.

Jk, Holland made it happen kudos to him. But it was really the Flames that were bitching about not having it in Red Deer instead. We should do one without the Flames cuz &^@# them.

Edited by ruilin96

7 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Of course, after the best Canucks prospects graduated into our NHL roster, the two loser Alberta teams wants to be part of it again. Kind of wish we do this without them and invite other teams to be part of it instead.

Jk, Holland made it happen kudos to him. But it was really the Flames that were bitching about not having it in Red Deer instead. We should do one without the Flames cuz &^@# them.

Our prospect pipeline is still going strong. Maybe not top 10 picks included anymore, but we will still give any prospects' team a good run for their money barring we are able to sign a couple college guys and bring over a couple euros in the system.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I've already been contacted to photograph it.  Kind of excited

Well done and congrats man! I’ve seen some of your work in the photography thread and it’s well deserved. Looking forward to see some nice shots in September. 

7 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I’m sure when Seattle comes in, they can take the flames spot. Red deer is no Penticton that's fo sho.

• Cheers 1

Very happy to see this tourney again. The only problem I have with it is that our best prospects are in Europe and the NCAA, which means they aren't available for a September tournament.

I really wish the NHL season would start earlier and finish earlier. If the season started in September and the Young Stars was in August, I think we would get to see more of our top prospects.

Edited by WeneedLumme

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...