The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Yeah the same Rick Dhaliwal that was proclaiming the sky was falling and Edler was walking and that Myers was going to be $7x7... that Rick Dhaliwal?

Well that I have never seen... but Rick USUALLY got the legit sources when he tweets...  do you have a better source than him?? One that reports stuff well ahead of the news release?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Well that I have never seen... but Rick USUALLY got the legit sources when he tweets...  do you have a better source than him?? One that reports stuff well ahead of the news release?

Rick is GREAT when he gets info from the sources he's built over decades and translates that info to us.

Where he falls apart is when he starts postulating his own thoughts/ideas etc on info from his sources. He was also quite clearly played as a patsy in the Edler negotaions especially by Edler's agent.

4 minutes ago, WiDeN said:

Just judging from Green's comments throughout the year, I doubt it is Motte they are trying to improve on. He has made the 4th line and penalty kill better than they are without him. 

I'm hoping that, whatever they do, it involves Eriksson. To his credit, he hasn't played as bad as he did last year, but his salary is a huge impediment to next year's signings, and his NTC is terrifying heading towards the expansion draft. 

We can only hope. 

Why is his NTC an issue. He wont be protected, thats only NMC 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Not all of even our top projected prospects will be good enough in the NHL to help us.  Trading them away only limits the number of chances we have that a guy will come through.  We lost one in Madden.  Trading any more of the top guys for another rental is just stupid IMO.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yup.

I see his first two years were a NMC, then two years of NTC, then two more of modified NTC. 

So is it that players with a no-trade clause can be selected in an entry draft because that's not a trade, or does it come down to the wording of the clause itself? 

Just now, WiDeN said:

I see his first two years were a NMC, then two years of NTC, then two more of modified NTC. 

So is it that players with a no-trade clause can be selected in an entry draft because that's not a trade, or does it come down to the wording of the clause itself? 

Only NMC's require protection. Any NTC's (regular or modified) may be exposed. There's ZERO chance we protect Eriksson.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Only NMC's require protection. Any NTC's (regular or modified) may be exposed. There's ZERO chance we protect Eriksson.

Well, that makes it just a salary problem which still sucks, but not as bad as I thought. Also, not as untradable as I thought. 

How did Simmonds work out for Nashville last year when they tried the same thing?

https://predlines.com/2019/07/24/nashville-predators-simmonds-trade/

Upon arrival to the Nashville Predators, Wayne Simmonds lacked any impact at all, scoring just one goal and two assists, totaling four points in his 17 games as a Predator

Simmonds, on the other hand, was able to make the playoffs with the Nashville Predators, but was still a very insignificant piece to the puzzle and wound up only playing in two of the six games the Predators played in the playoffs, missing the last four due to injury, while not scoring a single point.

Absolutely  nuts to trade away more good prospects for a washed up rental, no matter how big he is.   JB is living in some kind of foggy bubble from the past remembering a 25 year old Simmonds battling his Bruins for years on the East coast.

There are other physical forwards without the inflated resume we could get for a 4th, and/or a prospect outside of the Magnificent Seven.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

How did Simmonds work out for Nashville last year when they tried the same thing?

Upon arrival to the Nashville Predators, Wayne Simmonds lacked any impact at all, scoring just one goal and two assists, totaling four points in his 17 games as a Predator

Simmonds, on the other hand, was able to make the playoffs with the Nashville Predators, but was still a very insignificant piece to the puzzle and wound up only playing in two of the six games the Predators played in the playoffs, missing the last four due to injury, while not scoring a single point.

Absolutely  nuts to trade away more good prospects for a washed up rental, no matter how big he is.   JB is living in some kind of foggy bubble from the past remembering a 25 year old Simmonds battling his Bruins for years on the East coast.

There are other physical forwards without the inflated resume we could get for a 4th, and/or a prospect outside of the Magnificent Seven.

Simmonds isn't actually all that big. While I like the type of player he is, and am in awe of his pain threshold, I don't see how trading for him will help the team with pushback. The issue is systemic and needs to be addressed by the leadership on the team, by....well, leading by example.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Two questions.

Who would you target?

Who do you believe the Magnificent Seven are?

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Two questions.

Who would you target?

Who do you believe the Magnificent Seven are?

Wood has been mentioned

Craig Smith

Josh Manson

Really, any more physical player as an extra body for depth would be better than not having it.  If it doesn't cost us a good prospect or another high pick.

Magnificent Seven:

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Rathbone

Juolevi

Woo

Lind

Rafferty

I'd add DiPietro and Tryamkin

• Cheers 1