The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

1 minute ago, Biasbieksa said:

Yea I dont buy that It would be Juolevi. That would be a ridiculous price to pay for many rentals, let alone Simmonds.

I highly doubt Juolevi will be seeing a regular spot on the Vancouver roster ... ever. He's lost a step with all his surgery and I'd say he's done as far as any big regular play at the NHL level.

Trading Juolevi would be a prudent move and not too much to give up. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 5

I absolutely hate the idea of trading Juolevi for a bottom 6 player. It makes no sense at all. We have enough bottom 6 regulars already, plus MacEwan. No one would trade a top 4 d for a bottom 6 plug on any other day, and Juolevi may yet show us he is top 4 d if he can have better luck on injuries. 

14 hours ago, King Heffy said:

If OJ is going to NJ I want Bahl coming the other way.

Screw Bahl. OJ + Stecher +/- for Ty Smith.

54 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Sweet Gordie...when Cybulski is the voice of reason...we're all &^@#ed.

Edited by aGENT

Let's give them Juo + Stecher + Erikkson for Simmonds + Bahl +  3rd. Cap dump, short term player for the playoffs and big D prospect for the future. NJ gets pieces for competing now and later.

Maybe a dumb proposal but we should be trying offload some salary while we are at it. NJ can afford it

I'd like to make room for Toffoli next season

Stecher needs to be replaced long before we add another bottom six winger.  Put MacEwen in the line up get Eriksson out and upgrade Stecher.  TG's manlove for Eriksson is grating on me.   This is getting silly.

Edited by Borvat
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JB said he ain’t trading away more picks, so which if our prospects is worth about a third or fourth?  Gadjovic?  

I think that’s reasonable.  I’d be willing to deal Juolevi if LE goes with him.

maybe :

Juolevi

LE

Gadjovic

for

Simmonds 

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Want goldobin or baertschi?

Sure get at them.  No futures for you

If we're sending back Baer and losing his salary for next year, I'm happy to send them a depth prospect 'future'.

Baer + redundant depth F prospect for Simmonds....sure. They get a 50/50 prospect and a guy that can bridge to their prospects for a guy that's scuffling with age related decline. We clear cap for next year and add a depth guy who may or may not get used for a playoff run.

Edited by aGENT