The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

15 minutes ago, thad said:

Yeah I only throw it out there to show what it would take for it to be worthwhile on their end, they need someone that can play now or they probably don’t trade him. If Jake finished the year on a heater and then stumbles next year and gets hurt, we wouldn’t throw him in the bargain bin. Better off hanging on to him and looking for a bounce back unless you’re getting a young impact player back.. Just saying If we were to do it, that’s the most comfortable angle I could see to roll the dice on it. If I really believe in Anderson and think we’d be scoring another JT Miller like win and how confident are we in Tyler madden working out.. If both those things happen, we likely do come out ahead. at the same time if one day we have to chose between gaudette and madden, that deal might be better made then. So In the end I still probably don’t pull the trigger but I can see a case for it.

I guess those players you mentioned jumped out at me but I understand now what you mean. I agree with you. I’d love to see Anderson in a Canucks sweater but I’m sure it’s a bit of a pipe dream. If I was Columbus I’d be holding on to him unless something like you mentioned was thrown their way. Madden gets thrown around here a little to loosely in my opinion. Stay the course, get some playoff experience this year and maybe save a trade like that next year or the year after. We need to see where we are at with the likes of Podz and Madden before we trade away another prospect of higher pick imo 

I was a fan a few years ago.

Simmonds is only useful IMO as a net front presence perhaps for our 2knd PP?

It is not enough!

He is too slow at this age to fore check relentlessly, hawk defenseman with the puck & scream into board batlles at high speed. I dont think he can keep up with the play intensity Green wants on our 3rd & 4th line. And he is no longer good enough for our 2knd line. So no thanks.

I prefer to just be that fan of his game in my memory. Than be dissapointed we paid assets for a guy who could no longer keep up.

I honestly don’t think it would take much to get this guy. If we were to land him, it would be negligible. It’s in Jersey’s best interest to keep him as we ought to keep Tanev. Worth more to the team than in the market.

Edited by grandmaster

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I honestly don’t think it would take much to get this guy. If we were to land him, it would be negligible. It’s in Philly’s best interest to keep him as we ought to keep Tanev. Worth more to the team than in the market.

New Jersey.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I honestly don’t think it would take much to get this guy. If we were to land him, it would be negligible. It’s in Philly’s best interest to keep him as we ought to keep Tanev. Worth more to the team than in the market.

I feel if we dealt with Philly for Simmonds, Simmonds would fail to show up...

Simmonds hasn’t played for Philly in two years... it’s a high risk...

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

5 million in cap space says this entire thread is a dead trade rumour.

This could have been a disappointment of a trade. And the moment Petey got hit and Simmonds didn’t jump off the bench and tackle someone. CDC would be up in arms.

Overrated, Overpaid, past his prime 

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

That’s extremely unlikely. Why would the rebuilding devils have any interest in Sutter? 

I was just thinking a trade like this could be good for us as it would clear up space for next year. Sutter would be an investment. Warm body to eat up a lot of hard minutes for this year and half of next year. Sutter would be worth more at next years deadline than Simmonds is right now.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

I was just thinking a trade like this could be good for us as it would clear up space for next year. Sutter would be an investment. Warm body to eat up a lot of hard minutes for this year and half of next year. Sutter would be worth more at next years deadline than Simmonds is right now.

I’m just saying that a rebuilding team is going to have zero interest in a 31 year old injury prone, overpaid 3C.  They’re going to want a pick or prospect for Simmonds. 

Edited by qwijibo