The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

37 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

He should be fired if he does that deal. You don't trade a 5th overall selection without giving him 1 NHL game for a UFA 4th liner. You get Simmonds for 25 games, out in the first round and he walks. What a stupid move that would be. You don't trade Juolevi when his value isn't high than. Its like trading Puljujarvi from EDM for Simmonds at the deadline. How would that deal go over?

You're missing the point...there comes a point where changes have to happen to move forward and sometimes that means making a choices / decisions regarding a player. There's no crystal ball. 

12 minutes ago, IRR said:

You're missing the point...there comes a point where changes have to happen to move forward and sometimes that means making a choices / decisions regarding a player. There's no crystal ball. 

This isn’t Wayne Simmonds from his philly days

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, IRR said:

I get that, i just mean that at some point a decision may have to be made on a player and right now his value is unfortunately low.

Value isn’t the highest but a 1 for 1 for a ufa Simmonds would be an atrocity. A contract would have to be included atleast bearcheese or LE.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Apparently Freidman mentioned Juolevi for Simmonds on Tim & Sid....

Yikes

I think he's speculating that.

I think JB and co. are smarter than to trade a former 5th overall for a rental, especially with the lack of young D we have on the roster. Backlash would definitely be a snowball effect that would lead him to being fired.

Doubt the multiple players. Maybe he's fallen out of favour here & isnt valued as much around the league (as much as Benning has said he still believes in him)

Simmonds got Hartman & a middling pick last year, and Hartman wasn't qualified after. So I wouldn't be giving up prime pieces for Simmonds.

Maybe if they are taking a bad contract you give up Juolevi. Otherwise Im wary.

If OJ is going to NJ I want Bahl coming the other way.

Apparently Freidman mentioned Juolevi for Simmonds on Tim & Sid....

Yikes

That’s an eastern media guy who’s not really familiar with our prospects.

Im sure he has heard that Juolevis value has dropped and just through out his name. 

I doubt Benning and co have given up on him yet. Especially not with our lack of quality D prospects. And if he is gonna trade him it sure wouldn’t be for Simmonds.

Dumb proposal.

• Huggy Bear 1

At the current high prices a Simmonds trade Probly wouldn’t be a good idea don’t forget most player who are over paid don’t even get picked up on waivers could be an exception for players with expiring contracts at the deadline but still the price better be low.  I’ve heard names like Juolevi and woo. That’s insane especially since we have a guy like MacEwen a healthy scratch even with Boeser and Leivo out. 

if we’re adding a tough player we should move out a contract instead or with any sort of solid future.