The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Roussel has been a shadow of himself. Eriksson needs to sit. Beagle and Sutter are defensive guys but damn give me scrums or something. Schaller should be that physical guy, he plays 50 games a year, he can afford to be black and blue. 

The team needs like 3 more Ferlands(minus the injury) at this point and a big defenseman that likes to push his weight around.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, mikkim said:

c'mon seriously how much of an upgrade would he be, once every 25 games or so, no different than Loui and we would be stuck with the guy for an extra year

He'd be a big help in games like these.  

If we make the playoffs, all the games will be like this one and even worst/tougher for our skilled players. 

7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I can’t stand greens happy go lucky attitude.its ok to show anger at your team. We lost three in a row. You have to be strong enough to come out and take the bull by the horns.

Yes, I agree. I get not giving the media anything to go on but each interview is the same. Sway back and forth, fix the tie, say we are a young team, tell them that they will learn from it and say they played a great game. 
If this is how Green is in the dressing room then no wonder we are so soft. We need some fight and some push back here team. 

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Roussel has been a shadow of himself. Eriksson needs to sit. Beagle and Sutter are defensive guys but damn give me scrums or something. Schaller should be that, he plays 50 games a year, he can afford to be black and blue. 

The team needs like 3 more Ferlands(minus the injury) at this point and a big defenseman that likes to push his weight around.

yeah, the Roussel i remembered from his Dallas days was a ball of hate and involved in every scrums. 

Benn, Roussel got neutered by Green. 

• Cheers 1

Green. Lol. Same answers everytime. No interest in saying anything negative about the team. Oh wait. He did say they were the more immature team. I just want to see pushback from the start of the game to the end. The team has a lot of veterans on it. I don’t get that comment. We are not that young. It’s a mix.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m sorry, meltdown? How? Where? I’ve been saying the same thing for years. I love our team, I hate the soft attitude that I blame on coaching, AV did it and Green is doing it, we need a coach with balls. 

That's his argument every time. He has no real input but to disagree with you. He will then insult you passively so you look like a douche.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He'd be a big help in games like these.  

If we make the playoffs, all the games will be like this one and even worst/tougher for our skilled players. 

okay, but what about the next 20 games, the guy only shows up once in a blue moon, one game does not make a season

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

yeah, the Roussel i remembered from his Dallas days was a ball of hate and involved in every scrums. 

Benn, Roussel got neutered by Green. 

Nah man, you can't blame that on Green.  I think that Roussell got tagged for a lot of penalties earlier this year and had to step his aggression down a lot.  NHL isn't what it used to be, but we're getting to that time of the year when the whistles will be put away.  Hopefully he gets back to his old self :) 

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He's gonna get a lot of that every night. Refs will call the stuff that they think is penalties." - Green on how the refs handled infractions against Pettersson

this guy should be fired ASAP, do not let him in the arena ever again. You defend your star player, lay on smack down on the ref by saying if that mcdavid or matthews they are penalties