The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] JB not done!!!

9 minutes ago, Tystick said:

We would not have to give up that much, PK is having a bad year and NJ could retain 50% of Subban's salary.

If we can fit Loui Eriksson in the package that's a bonus.

I'd say something like this:

Canucks: Subban (4.5m/yr)

NJ: Stecher, Eriksson, 3rd.

That’s not reasonable. You expect them to retain $4.5m and take on $6m for Eriksson and at least $2.3m for stetcher all for a 3rd?  So essentially they’re getting a 3rd for the privilege to pay Stetcher the equivalent of $12.8m?  They’re better off just keeping PK and hoping he bounces back after one poor season. 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

That’s not reasonable. You expect them to retain $4.5m and take on $6m for Eriksson and at least $2.3m for stetcher all for a 3rd?  So essentially they’re getting a 3rd for the privilege to pay Stetcher the equivalent of $12.8m?  They’re better off just keeping PK and hoping he bounces back after one poor season. 

Just throwing something out there.

You're right, that's not a good proposal, but a package can be put together.

I'm thinking when they acquired Subban, they were pushing for the playoffs.

Now that hasn't worked out and they're stuck with a $9mil/year x3 contract.

I feel like they would be open to trading him.

Overall, I feel it wouldn't cost us much IMO.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Considering he's tried to trade for him before if rumours are correct?  I'd do a small sweetener with LE.  That's it though.

That was kind of before he turned into whatever he was now. I'd do it if Eriksson doesn't retire and there was retention on their part.

45 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

This might sound crazy, but JB has irons in on PK, but the deal hinges on NJ taking LE... It would look something like this, Stecher, Demko, Lind, and LE for PK. This would bolster the Canucks defence, and put them in a position to make a serious run for the playoffs. Believe it or not the dollars actually work.

Not going to happen, PK is not worth it anymore. 4 years ago, maybe.

I think if NJ was offered LE, Stecher and Lind for PK, as long as they didn't have to retain salary, they would jump at it. He's not working there, he's holding them back and that's a BIG salary to eat.

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Considering he's tried to trade for him before if rumours are correct?  I'd do a small sweetener with LE.  That's it though.

Rumors shmoomers. Jim has brought in players of upstanding character here.

PK's been shown the door everywhere he's been moved.

For reasons that goes beyond the pricetag.

Which is way too much, before you add in the questionable character!

That's why I said that I can't see it happening. Makes no sense on many fronts.

I say fix auto to bringing PK Subban here.

Edited by xereau
  • Haha 1

Just now, xereau said:

Rumors shmoomers. Jim has brought in players of upstanding character here.

PK's been shown the door everywhere he's been moved.

For reasons that goes beyond the pricetag.

Which is way too much, which is before you add in the questionable character.

That's why I said that I can't see it happening. Makes no sense on many fronts.

PK actually seems like a good guy off the ice and does a lot of charity work.  I've never bought into the idea that he's a bad apple.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

PK actually seems like a good guy off the ice and does a lot of charity work.  I've never bought into the idea that he's a bad apple.

I think the issue has been that PK seems to need to be the centre of attention in the team with media.

Some players probably resent(ed) it.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think the issue has been that PK seems to need to be the centre of attention in the team with media.

Some players probably resent(ed) it.

Someone who likes dealing with the media and can take some of the heat off our young players might be just what the doctor ordered.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Someone who likes dealing with the media and can take some of the heat off our young players might be just what the doctor ordered.

Well, Horvat seems to not be the best with media... so you could be right..

But TBH , i really think PK's game has dropped off  so i am a no for adding him.

Isn't he a 9 mil cap hit each of  the next 2 years...  that is WAY too much for what he brings..

That contract make Loui E's contract look like a bargain for the canuck

Edited by kingofsurrey

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Scrapping captains (two of them) in practice isn't what we want, though.

Despite his huge donation to charity in Montreal, they couldn't get rid of him quickly enough.

I am not going to pretend that I know details, but he is a problem child.

Pretend that he was the most beloved guy in the league, for the sake of argument.

How do you fit that contract for what he brings on the ice into this team?

I'm assuming the Devils not only want away from what he's bringing on the ice (not much), AND the cap hit.

So fantasies of dumping Loui on them are pretty much out the window.

The Devils gave up two AHL D + 2  2nd round picks for him! They are most likely looking for picks in return, even it's just two 2nds.

How do we do it? I can't see a way.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not going to happen, PK is not worth it anymore. 4 years ago, maybe.

I think if NJ was offered LE, Stecher and Lind for PK, as long as they didn't have to retain salary, they would jump at it. He's not working there, he's holding them back and that's a BIG salary to eat.

PK st this point is strictly a cap dump.  WE wouldn’t make that deal if it was only Loui going back.  THe Devils are stuck with him.  And I love PK.  Just not the player.  

• Cheers 1