[Speculation] Stecher might be on the market

HerrDrFunk

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

When I think about who was available at #5:

Matt Tkachuk

Charlie McAvoy

Mikhail Sergachev

:picard:

You could say that about ever draft with practically every team. Think of all the teams face palming cause they could have drafted Petey or Hughes

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yes, I do. There's zero chance OJ was being discussed straight across for Simmonds. Friedman putting that out there as click bait for the web's most active NHL fanbase to do exactly what it did.

I rarely use my twitter account, but I had to fire it up and ask Friedman if he was high when he suggested this. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I already did the math in another thread. Even if toffoli signed at 5.2 mil we could afford to keep toffoli, Tanev and Markstrom 

No chance mathematically unless we find a way to exit Eriksson, Baertschi, and maybe even Sutter.  You can't make any assumptions based on that because we have been trying to move them for a year or more with no success... so until it happens, you have to include their salaries otherwise you are just dreaming and not planning.

The cap is going to be relatively flat and we already will have pushed ELC bonuses reducing our ceiling even more next year.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Hindsight is a funny thing, I presume you were able to properly predict Juolevi having poor luck in the health department that derailed his development? If so you should get yourself a job in scouting. That's incredible.

No, like everyone totally had McAvoy as a top 5 pick heading in to the draft...:lol:

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Has nothing to do with having an inside scoop. It has to do with having the ability to think critically and not fall for every little bit of click bait, self serving media types throw out there. Particularly during TDL frenzy :frantic:

It has nothing to with critical thinking. It’s all speculation. Do I think Juolevi is a bust? Yes. But that is speculation. 

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Hindsight is a funny thing, I presume you were able to properly predict Juolevi having poor luck in the health department that derailed his development? If so you should get yourself a job in scouting. That's incredible.

The Vancouver Canucks are proud to select, from the London Knights, Olli Juolevi 

12A32DF5-CA32-46A9-BC87-E16FE240F739.png

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

You could say that about ever draft with practically every team. Think of all the teams face palming cause they could have drafted Petey or Hughes

I think majority wanted Tkachuck. When Benning said London Knights, I threw my hands in the air thinking it was Tkachuck the be dropped a bomb. 

2 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

I think majority wanted Tkachuck. When Benning said London Knights, I threw my hands in the air thinking it was Tkachuck the be dropped a bomb. 

It would of been nice but I don't think we would of gotten Petey and we definitely would of missed out on Hughes had we drafted Tkachuk. 50 point PWF that year with Flames. Probably gotten more points playing with Sedins.

So things worked out well all things considered.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It would of been nice but I don't think we would of gotten Petey and we definitely would of missed out on Hughes had we drafted Tkachuk. 50 point PWF that year with Flames. Probably gotten more points playing with Sedins.

So things worked out well all things considered.

Yes I do agree with that 

19 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Like I said happens all the time. We’ve had it a lot better then most with our picks overall

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea we screwed that up big time....

But I didn't like the Petterson pick so what do I know?

I wasn’t too keen on the Pettersson pick as I didn’t know much about him. I wanted Glass. As soon as I watched highlights of Petey in the SHL I was beside myself on how good he was/is 

my guess is something around Stecher for Kapanen, we add something I would assume. Or, Tanev which I agree selling him on him would be smart for Barrie.

Tanev for Barrie even the trade out however it is needed would upset most CDC people but it still leaves our D looking decent.

Edler Barrie

Hughes Myers- we did sign this giant twig to play in our top 4 after all.

Benn Rafferty/Tryamkin

Would also trade Fantenberg for a mid round pick, think he could maybe fetch that with these returns this TDL