The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver @ Montreal 4:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

6 minutes ago, Heretic said:

If we can score 9 on the Bruins, then surely we can score at least 12 on the Habs?!?!

Go Canucks Go!

(most the Canucks have ever scored is 11 - when they beat the Flamez 11-0 back in 1992) 

I’ll sacrifice my fattest cat to the hockey Gods if we put up 10 tonight.  

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

Let's make a deal Alf.  If the Canucks are out of a playoff position, start up the Fire TG posts.  But geez, it's getting tiring to hear you keep saying the same things over and over and over and over again.  The Canucks are doing better than most people predicted.  Why would the coach be fired when they're overachieving?

Okay :towel:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xereau said:

You watched the Bruins game, aye?

They flipped a switch, and played a completely different system in the Dzone.

They were pressuring the puck, and the man.  It wasn't a fluke, or one off.

Green clearly put those 4 practice days to good use last week.

I think we are gonna see this team put the pedal to the medal down the stretch.

They've drifted themselves into contention with the collapse system, and now if they go hard, they can claim home ice for at least a couple rounds.

I always find it funny when the Canucks at well in the d zone, the system suddenly has 'changed'.  Still the same structure... 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

Let's make a deal Alf.  If the Canucks are out of a playoff position, start up the Fire TG posts.  But geez, it's getting tiring to hear you keep saying the same things over and over and over and over again.  The Canucks are doing better than most people predicted.  Why would the coach be fired when they're overachieving?

This applies to @canuck2288 too imo

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I always find it funny when the Canucks at well in the d zone, the system suddenly has 'changed'.  Still the same structure... 

But then if we lose despite saying the system changed the knock is “Green can't adapt” Oh? I thought you said they did last game. :bigblush:

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

This is the type of ADVERSITY a young team like this needs. Losing your no.1 goalie in the midst of an air tight playoff race can deflate many teams. If we were to get into the playoffs, one concern I would have is that we as a group have not been through the trials and testings that many championship caliber teams have gone through.

I  see this as a win-win situation. If the team can lead us to the playoffs then it will be great accomplishment for them. If they somehow fold during this challenge and miss the playoffs, we need to count that as a win as well. Challenges and failures are meant to chisel people. In the same manner, I am confident the team will come out different regardless of the outcome. This season has been a step int he right direction and as a fan I am proud of this team regardless of where we are in spring. 

I am excited to see this team be uncomfortable and be tested. We are stepping into an arena that BREEDS resilient and determined winners. 

Go Canucks Go!