The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver @ Montreal 4:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

52 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Horvat with a message to seasons ticket holders:

“I was asked if I’d be willing to share some personal thoughts with our Season Ticket Members on the season so far, and as we head into the final stretch.

I can honestly say this is the most I’ve enjoyed playing in my career so far. I’m excited about this team. It’s a great bunch of guys, and we are all friends. Many of us are about the same age and are starting our careers together. But we also have a group of guys who have been there before and know what it takes to win.

We all want to see each other succeed and we’re all here for each other. I think you have to have that if you want to have a successful team.

There’s also a different energy and feeling at Rogers Arena too. Being able to play in front such an energized crowd on those big nights in team history, like Burr’s Ring of Honour or the night we retired Danny and Hank’s numbers, has been such a boost for our group, and something I personally will never forget. This season has been incredible so far - the rink is full almost every night and it’s becoming one of the loudest in the league. It’s awesome. It’s different playing in a Canadian NHL market, and we can all really feel the excitement building in the city.

On behalf of the whole team, thank you for all of your support. We feel very fortunate to play for Canucks fans and for all the loyal Season Ticket Members. It’s not something any of us take for granted and we’re going to do everything we can to bring playoff hockey back to Vancouver again.

Thanks,

Bo”

Way to go Bo....

Captain my Captain... We are all behind you 

• Cheers 3

Keep it going!

I have a feeling the team will go on a tear now. Markstrom is an important piece of the team, and an important player to everyone in the room. I can see them coming out like starved hyenas and taking it to the Habs for him, and for each other.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If Cam Neely isn’t a reminder to stop trading away our top young players/prospects, I can’t think of a better example.  

I remember the morning after, I was walking away from my 300$ a month one bedroom to catch the Cambie bus to Langara.. I was like Perderson?.. and he's injured?.. and somebody else?

And all I could think about was that cool full page picture they made of Cam in the Province earlier that year. Skating hard and fast.. and was like why?.. Peterson better not SUCK! And never thought to say goodbye to a future hockey legend.

f.u.cam neely , NHL hockey legend.

GO CANUCKS GO!!

Edited by Hairy Kneel

Thanks for doing up the game day Deb. I noticed earlier there wasn’t 1, and I thought about giving it a go. I’ve never done 1 before and I just didn’t have enough time. Deb, coming through in the clutch just like Demko is going to. 

5-3 Canucks 

Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If Cam Neely isn’t a reminder to stop trading away our top young players/prospects, I can’t think of a better example.  

For every Cam Neely there is a Patrick White, Josh Holden, Jordan Schroder, etc.

Some make it.  Some don't.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, John McClane said:

Unfortunately tonight’s game starts at the same time as my 4 year olds last winter soccer game of the indoor season. She can’t miss it because she gets her participation medal. And that is everything. 

Guess it’s a PVR game. 

At lest you can skip through the national anthem.

22 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I remember the morning after, I was walking away from my 300$ a month one bedroom to catch the Cambie bus to Langara.. I was like Perderson?.. and he's injured?.. and somebody else?

And all I could think about was that cool full page picture they made of Cam in the Province earlier that year. Skating hard and fast.. and was like why?.. Peterson better not SUCK! And never thought to say goodbye to a future hockey legend.

f.u.cam neely , NHL hockey legend.

GO CANUCKS GO!!

If Cam Neely was not traded, and he remained a Canuck, and played like he did in Boston, then we don't draft Trevor Linden at #2 Overall in 1988.  And if we didn't have Linden, we don't later trade him for Big Bert.  So many things can happen, sometimes you just never know.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

As a fan I look at Montreal and Ottawa as easy wins , problem is so does our team . Time to put the hard hat and work boots on , match their intensity and win the battles . Motte will lead the way and show how it’s done . Petey will take it from there, sweetness will add a little insurance.

go Canucks go !

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, xereau said:

They're gonna rally around Demko, who's capable of going on runs.

He should come out a better goalie at the end of this.

(and it's possible that we still may get good news on Marky's leg!)

We know from his time in Utica that, like Marky, he gets better with a heavier workload

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, xereau said:

You watched the Bruins game, aye?

They flipped a switch, and played a completely different system in the Dzone.

They were pressuring the puck, and the man.  It wasn't a fluke, or one off.

Green clearly put those 4 practice days to good use last week.

I think we are gonna see this team put the pedal to the medal down the stretch.

They've drifted themselves into contention with the collapse system, and now if they go hard, they can claim home ice for at least a couple rounds.

thats true, we went to a close team practice recently and they were doing a d zone exit drill, and it clearly paid off against Boston.