The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Leafs Feb 29 2020 - 4:00 Pacific - HNIC - Leap Year Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I was super patient with Loui

gave him the benefit of the doubt for first 2 years but one just can’t overlook how just is not playing at a top 6 forward level . His game just fell off a cliff 

there could still be a 4th line role for him but he is no longer a scorer or a playmaker 

Last time I really questioned  a player was Markstrom then he went out and had a 49 shot S/O. So here goes - LE is trash and Demko can't stop a beach ball until he's let a couple softies in.  Oh and EP and Myers barely get points these days. 

With Markstrom I was questioning his abilities to play at or near the top like McLean or Luongo did for us for a number of years ... then he surpassed McLeans epic game in MTL...he's made me a believer and I've promised that church guy if he makes a wing for JM will be the first in line.   

It's  a grind and I suspect some guys are feeling it by now for sure.  Need 7-8 more Ws to secure a wild card spot - this one will make it that much easier to do if we can pull it off...feel pretty good about our chances. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I was super patient with Loui

gave him the benefit of the doubt for first 2 years but one just can’t overlook how just is not playing at a top 6 forward level . His game just fell off a cliff 

there could still be a 4th line role for him but he is no longer a scorer or a playmaker 

Do what Boston does, simply play the better and more eager younger player.

Fixed!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

yet there was a period of time (6 to 8 games) not too long ago

where loui's presence on bo's line

actually upped the performance of that line

he has been an asset to that line this season

and no doubt

he has not been for periods of time as well

but he has been mostly neutral as a result

not sure why he warrants so many words

makes me think this has less to do with loui

then unhappiness of many posters

scape goating is so real on these boards

it's unsettling

I think that ship has sailed with Lui, I agree he played great for a short time there and their empty net games kept them going for a little bit longer. My concern now is that we have an up and comer like Jake sitting in limbo because TG is experimenting with LE. Jake spent some time learning the defensive  side of his game which I think he has accomplished. He has also shown he can produce offensively. He provides a lot more to that line like, size,speed,aggression and offense. Bo deserves a more talented winger to play with. He has paid his dues as well. These guys are our future and to me that matters more then trying to play the safe game.

We have followed this team for a long time and we are wanting to see this young core progress. LE is occupying a spot much of us would like to see our young core players occupying.

Ypu may see it as frivolous but much of us see the big picture and that definitely does not involve, LE.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Great news! 4 - 3 Tampa Bay over Calgary in regulation time! 

now all we need is for florida

to get a nice lead in their game

so that the laffs fans are suitably uncomfortable

and will freak if the nucks get an early lead on the laffs

would love to hear home town fans boo their laffs

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Taffoli should be with Both move LE down or out

I'm ok with Toffoli playing with JT Miller and Petey but Loui does need to get sent to Utica.

Play Big Mac with Pearson and Bo or move Virt up and put Big Mac lower in the line up. I would even have Baer in over Loui even though I think Baer is a big soft....lotsa skill though.

27 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

yet there was a period of time (6 to 8 games) not too long ago

where loui's presence on bo's line

actually upped the performance of that line

he has been an asset to that line this season

and no doubt

he has not been for periods of time as well

but he has been mostly neutral as a result

not sure why he warrants so many words

makes me think this has less to do with loui

then unhappiness of many posters

scape goating is so real on these boards

it's unsettling

I would disagree, about 4-5 games ago. LE was set up for two glorious easy goals, and he whiffed on both of them. In addition he coughed up the puck twice that lead to two turnovers and Marky bailed him out. 

If he was fine defensively I'd be ok with it. But when you are turning into a defensive liability and not scoring. A shake up would be warranted. After all it only took one bad shift with Virtanen to staple him to the bench. If he had a bad game. Fine. But at least demote him for part of the game to maybe send a message? 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i suggested sitting no one

i merely commented on the amount of words used on loui

that the energy was misplaced

yet you wish to insist it is not

that few words used on others is just fine

and loui is so important

that words and more words can be spent on him

go ahead

use your words as you wish

i don't see the point

Words on a message board.

A lot of words

But I only posted one post on it before that. And didn't plan on saying much more on it, (unless someone commented on my post)

A lot of posters posted a similar sentiment on the lineup choices. I guess if you add up all those posts its a lot of words talking about LE.

But maybe, just maybe, if so many posters are saying the same thing, it might be a valid concern no?

Sorry for exaggerating and implying you wanted to sit those other players. But come on, the coaches choices about who plays in the top six is not irrelevant to a win or loss.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I would disagree, about 4-5 games ago. LE was set up for two glorious easy goals, and he whiffed on both of them. In addition he coughed up the puck twice that lead to two turnovers and Marky bailed him out. 

If he was fine defensively I'd be ok with it. But when you are turning into a defensive liability and not scoring. A shake up would be warranted. After all it only took one bad shift with Virtanen to staple him to the bench. If he had a bad game. Fine. But at least demote him for part of the game to maybe send a message? 

seriously

not sure how me viewing loui as having an overall neutral impact to this team

somehow makes me a loui supporter?

i'm not

what i am is a critic of the focus on him

he is neutral overall

why focus on him?

it is misplaced

that is the point i was attempting to make

now i find i am drawn into this silly discussion

wasting words in relation to loui

so i will stop commenting on this loui stuff

enough

there is a game to get ready for

14 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

No but I do speak from having actually played the game at a very competitive level and still playing 

I am not saying couch potatoes don’t have a say but I am speaking from a Knowledge  base 

I hate losing and at this time of the year when every point matters to just am frustrated when it’s so much bivouac we can make better decisions 

Jake needs to be with Brock and EP

move Toffoli with Bo and Pearson 

move Loui to line 3 or4 

sit down roussel 

Crash the net and stop playing on the perimeter , specially on the pp

quit cycling back into the defensive zone 

simple simple things but we don’t do them 

umm aren't you forgetting someone...like MILLER....LE needs to sit period....

• Upvote 1