The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | March (01-07) 2020

Rate this topic

Tragic numbers and remaining schedule - in red teams in a playoff position.  It's simply the number of points a trailing team can still achieve, less the points of the team in wildcard 2 plus 1.   He updates them daily.  

Chicago has 17 games left and can in theory still reach 100 points.  Nashville is in Wildcard 2 with 72 points.  100 - 72 gives 28 add 1 = 29.

With the West/Pacific being so incredibly close with a month to go in the season its worth noting that this season the first tie-breaker is Regulation Wins (RW) and not ROW as it has been the past # of years.

Capture.JPG

Edm., Vegas and Minny having the current lead on the other 5 teams. Wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 positions are decided by this stat.

Edited by GritGrinder

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

Can't figure out those Predators...

3-3 going into the 3rd and then stopped competing.  So many players not earning their pay-checks on that team.  Mental resiliency and compete is too often lacking.  

7 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

That's stupid. If I were managing the Panthers organization, I would either do it earlier in the season when Vancouver was in town or wait until next sesaon's game against Vancouver at home to do it.

31 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

That's stupid. If I were managing the Panthers organization, I would either do it earlier in the season when Vancouver was in town or wait until next sesaon's game against Vancouver at home to do it.

The Habs are in town and Lu is from Montreal is why they chose this date i'm guessing.

• Cheers 1